Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hey everyone-

I want to get a roof rack in the future on my (2016) 4runner that can accommodate my Tepui Tent. Not a serious buyer at the moment (unless you've got a deal on a used one for me) but I was curious if anyone has one already, has photos and/or advice on what to get. (More on the heavy duty side.)

Thanks!

2infinity&beyond

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Livermore, CA
Member #

Been rocking a Tepui on a Gobi rack with no issues. Thinking of upgrading my tent from a Kukenam to an Autana Ruggedized so my tent might be for sale for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Been rocking a Tepui on a Go I rack with no issues. Thinking of upgrading my tent from a Kukenam to an Autana Ruggedized so my tent might be for sale for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I should of made that more clear, I am only in need of a roof rack but thank you, and thank you for your info!

NoOneBetter

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I have been looking at the Eezi Awn K9 rack as well - how have you liked it? Any disappointments?
So far no issues. Some of the shortfalls are the limited number of accessories for the K9 rack from Eezi-awn. I've also chipped a little bit of the powder coating on the side of my rack. Its mainly my fault since I was mounting an awning and the back of the bolt was scraping on the rack but I expected the powder coat to be a bit more durable.

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Prinsu Designs...best looking rack out there IMHO and is low profile so keeps the tent from being AS high. Aluminum so lighter and TONS of mounting options for equipment. Sturdy too. It's what I have on my 4R

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I think it depends on the size/weight of your tent. Toyota says the factory cross bars are good for 132#'s. I personally would spend money on a flat rack unless you plan on using it without the tent as well.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

For just the tent you only need a cross bar system. Yakima, Tule and all solid products with a good following. Rino Racks looks interesting, but I don't know anyone with one. I would get the aero type bars. You will need to determine how they will attach to your vechile. REI really is a good starting point to figure it all out. You would think these would be simple, but it never turns out that way.