Calle Oeste, Landete, España
First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
Hi guys, today i start a new proyect in the nissan terrano. We start with a 20mm x 30mm square tube, my roof rack has 160cm x 124cm. Cut 6 pieces at 120cm and 2 pieces at 160. Then weld everything and this is for now the result.
I finish with a couple of beers, tomorrow more!!!! [emoji609] [emoji100] IMG_20191113_180102.jpegIMG-20191113-WA0019.jpeg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi guys, today i start a new proyect in the nissan terrano. We start with a 20mm x 30mm square tube, my roof rack has 160cm x 124cm. Cut 6 pieces at 120cm and 2 pieces at 160. Then weld everything and this is for now the result.
I finish with a couple of beers, tomorrow more!!!! [emoji609] [emoji100] View attachment 126942View attachment 126943
Looking good!

Reactions: viveen4wd

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
sorry for the delay but I have had changes with the work and I have not been able to finish the roof rack.
Well, the story continues with the manufacture of a few feet to weld to the roof rack and then screw the rails of the rhino rack brand. (The Nissan does not have water rails or stock rails)
Then I placed a led bar in front and painted everything with raptor paint.
When I have more progress I will post the photos and the pertinent explanations.
Greetings and thank you

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Following this project. I too am going to start my own rack. Vehicle i drive has very little aftermarket support. The one top rack is over 1000 bucks and i can't justify that when one can be built for a quarter of the price. Cant wait to see this progress.
Josh

NissanX_SA

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Evert
First Post. Looks like a good start to a sturdy rack. I have been contemplating building a rack as ooposed to buying. I can get TIG and supplies cheaper then I can buy a rack for my nissan titan.

Wildman Wells

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

Payson, AZ
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Wells
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0VBD
Fun stuff for sure - I'm drawing out the plans for a rack for my 4Runner due to the fact store bought racks cost way too much. Enjoy the DIY journey.

RoyB

Rank IV

Contributor II

Boston
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Bertalotto
I’ve built many racks using EMT and a manual pipe bender. A proper hole saw in the correct diameter to the pipe and simple brazing to hold it all together using a MAP torch and lower temp brazing rod. Have built over a dozen and 20 years later they are all still going strong with not one break.

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
Well, let's get back to work. I had a pending issue with the roof rack and with you.
We are going to post some photos of the process. They are not all since editing the video for YouTube I lost many images.
We were inclined to use the rhino rack brand system since the rest of the European manufacturers only provided us with a system that did not convince us.
example:
barras-cruz-acero-para-nissan-terrano-ii-5p-9306-800x800_7AJqGbN.jpeg

We drill the ceiling to rivet the rhinorack tracks and apply the silicone.
IMG_20191123_170731.jpghttproofracks.sondermarketing.com.aupubmediacatalogproductrtrtv-track-00_lrg_3.jpg

This would be the result in the absence of making the legs to the roof rack
IMG_20191123_181647.jpg

we have rejected the idea of using the legs provided by the brand as they are very tall. we are looking for a slim style.
614FqajjpgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg