Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Cheris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Flash4runner
Probably a stupid question but does anybody in Colorado know how to put on a arb roof awning to a 5th gen 2011 runner and could possibly help. willing to pay.

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

If you're trying to mount the awning to a stock set of 4Runner rails, then you're probably going to need an adapter. I think you can find them on equipt or places like rago fab. My awning mounts to the side of my aftermarket roof rack and I'm assuming if you don't have an adapter, they may not work with the stock rails.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Home Depot shelf brackets, couple U-bolts and hardware. May need to drill holes in the shelf brackets for the awning bolts. Should cost under $20

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Older post but if you use the shelf brackets as stated above or awning brackets get a bike tube, Cut it up and place is on your cross bar. Then get several hose clamps and tighten them down on the cross bar. It'll work just fine. I did it that way for years before I had my frontrunner rack. As long as it's not a 270 awning, that may be a bit heavier than you'd want on stock bars.