Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

I'm coming from the Des Moines, Iowa metro... 8 hours. I'm there!

I'll be there early to assist the team with prep. Hope to see lots of Midwest region members there!
I can fell your presence in the river valley Mike!!!!!!

Beer Hounds

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeville, MN, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Pettit
Member #

My wife, kids and I will be there!

I swear I saw a post somewhere today about information on the classes available. I can't find it now anywhere. Anyone have a link they can share with me for the schedule?

Reactions: Razorback

Razorback

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

My wife, kids and I will be there!

I swear I saw a post somewhere today about information on the classes available. I can't find it now anywhere. Anyone have a link they can share with me for the schedule?
RUN BOOK

Schedule subject to change. Event staff will provide final itinerary upon arrival.

Friday, June 7th

Arrivals

Proceed to the Byrd’s General Store & Registration Office upon arrival. Store is situated at the end of the gravel entry road on the left. The Byrd’s staff will check you in and make sure you know where to find your camping space.

11:00AM - Event Check In Begins

Once you are settled into your camping space, come on over to our main gathering/bonfire circle located at the beginning of the primitive camping area. We will get you officially checked in and set up with your welcome kit and weekend schedule.

1:00PM - 3:00PM First Aid Basics

A complete overview of First Aid basics and discussion on building/adding to your kit. Bring your own FAK for a full run down and review of the tools you already have.

Taught by Randy Vickery

1:00PM - 3:00PM Obstacle Course and Off-Road Problem Solving

Work together in teams to overcome obstacles and challenges on the Byrd’s Trails. Mud. Watercrossings. Winching. We’ll have a little of everything to get you warmed up for the trail! Meet at the Bonfire.

3:30PM - 4:00PM Trail & Safety Meeting

Required before heading out on trail runs. Meet at the Bonfire.

Led by Michael Murguia, Founder & Kent Reynolds, Executive Director

4:00PM - 5:00PM Round Table: Long Distance Overland Trip Planning

The ins and outs of planning a long distance adventure. What do you need to know before you go, and what are the basics to help anyone plan their next adventure no matter how are it takes them.

Discussion led by Danan Coleman, Southeast Region Director

5:00PM - 6:00PM Round Table: Trail and Campsite Security

Best practices and strategies to stay safe on the trail and at your campsite.

Discussion led by Mason Berry, Blue Line Overland

6:00PM - 8:00PM Welcome Bonfire

Please feel free to bring a chair and your dinner over to the bonfire and hangout! Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided, and who knows, maybe even some dessert, too.

Saturday, June 8th

7:00AM - 7:30AM Trail & Safety Meeting

Required before heading out on trail runs. Meet at the Bonfire.

Led by Michael Murguia, Founder & Kent Reynolds, Executive Director

8:00AM - 5:00PM Trail Time

We have prepared warm up courses on Byrd’s private trails and have outlined suggested routes in the Ozark National Forest for various skill levels.

If leaving Byrd’s to trek in the Ozarks…

We ask that you travel in small groups of no more than 8 vehicles and stagger your departure times as to not impact the trail system.

We will help with trail selection, group creation and departure times during registration and check in on Friday.

8:00AM - 10:00AM First Aid Basics

Repeat from Friday. A complete overview of First Aid basics and discussion on building/adding to your kit. Bring your own FAK for a full run down and review of the tools you already have.

Taught by Randy Vickery

8:00AM - 10:00AM Obstacle Course and Off-Road Problem Solving

Work together in teams to overcome obstacles and challenges on the Byrd’s Trails. Mud. Watercrossings. Winching. We’ll have a little of everything to get you warmed up for the trail! Meet at the Bonfire.

6:00PM Community Celebration, Awards, Raffle & Bonfire Part 2

One last time around the fire with the entire Overland Bound community + Raffle! Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided, and maybe some S’mores.

Sunday, June 9th

11:00AM Final Goodbyes and Departure

All good things must come to an end... Until the next time!