Cancelled Rocky Mountain Region June Meetup - Moab, UT

• HTML tutorial

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Come hang out with fellow OB'ers in beautiful Moab, Utah.
See the sights and get your tires dirty on the Chicken Corners trail on Saturday. ~5/6 hour trail day(start/end downtown Moab)
Once we get a pretty close RSVP number I can find a good place for the group to camp...if you dont want to camp, theres a lot of hotel options as well.
For those that want to spend the weekend, we will run Long Canyon - Potash Road - Shafer Switchback loop around Deadhorse Point on Sunday. ~5/6 hour trail day(Start outside Deadhorse Point State Park and end INSIDE Canyonlands National Park)

Last edited:

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Come hang out with fellow OB'ers in beautiful Moab, Utah.
See the sights and get your tires dirty on the Chicken Corners trail on Saturday. ~5/6 hour trail day
Once we get a pretty close RSVP number I can find a good place for the group to camp...if you dont want to camp, theres a lot of hotel options as well.
For those that want to spend the weekend, we will run Long Canyon - Potash Road - Shafer Switchback loop around Deadhorse Point on Sunday. ~5/6 hour trail day
Awesome. This is going to be fun! Thank you for putting this together for us.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Bummer. These dates conflict with one of the most important events in amateur radio: ARRL Field Day 2019

Otherwise I'd be a definite maybe!

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Any details on camping location for this event?

Reactions: Yotayuppy

Anchor Mtn

Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Any details on camping location for this event?
I was waiting to see how many people RSVP'd but here is the place I use for all group sizes.
38.410902, -109.468340 - South of town off of Behind the Rocks Road. Its up against the cliffs with some mines and sand dunes to check out as well.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

My wife and are are thinking about joining but are very new to this stuff and my 4Runner is far from modified. Is a medium rating suitable for a newbie? I suppose worst case, we could enjoy the camping camaraderie and find easier trails.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

My wife and are are thinking about joining but are very new to this stuff and my 4Runner is far from modified. Is a medium rating suitable for a newbie? I suppose worst case, we could enjoy the camping camaraderie and find easier trails.
I have not run this trail. Let me do some research and get right back to you. As of right now Justin may be stuck in TX. If that's the case I will be finding a trail leader for Saturday.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Anyone planning to attend needs to RSVP. I need a definite head count.

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

I have not run this trail. Let me do some research and get right back to you. As of right now Justin may be stuck in TX. If that's the case I will be finding a trail leader for Saturday.
Thanks Cendee...once again, my plans have had to change. Looks like my wife won't be able to make a longer trip this weekend, so we are going to stay local to the front range in Colorado. Appreciate the effort!

Anchor Mtn

Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Both trails are moderately more difficult than a graded dirt road and suitable for stock SUVs. A Subaru can run them with a little work and a spotter.

Reactions: Aeroscout

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Due to lack of interest in this event we are going to postpone to a later date. Keep your eye on the Rocky Mountain Rally points for more fun coming your way.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
D
Due to lack of interest in this event we are going to postpone to a later date. Keep your eye on the Rocky Mountain Rally points for more fun coming your way.
June Jam here you come!

• Haha
Reactions: Cendee

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Thanks for the update Cendee. Would very much be up for this in July.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
As long as you can handle 110 in the shade, you will be fine, otherwise wait.

• Haha
Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Um nope...only in October. Perhaps I need to rethink the whole Moab is hot in the summer thing.
I go all year. I dont mind the heat though because my Jeep has air conditioner when I am out on the trails. :0)