RIP: Stock Exhaust

• HTML tutorial

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Over the weekend my 4Runner hit 196K miles. I've owned her since she only had 140K miles on her - but before me it was owned by a woman who lived down by the shore and kept it clean, and up-to-date.

As if by clockwork, my exhaust fell off right around the turn over from 195,999-196,005.
I'm not mad. Not one bit. In fact, I am ecstatic that the stock exhaust made it this long! I think that's a pretty rare occurrence - especially in New England where most folks are getting pipe bent and resonators replaced between 60K-80K.

The only downfall is that it was in the middle of a slick a spit snowstorm and I slipped getting up, smacked my face on the side of the truck, and destroyed my 2 week old glasses. Anywho...

I'm posting this because a lot of us talk about what the "best" rig out there is - and where I think that's totally a personal preference - I can say that Toyota's last.

Here's to my new Flowmaster exhaust system being installed tomorrow... And maybe... MAYBE a Cold Air Intake.. Not sure yet.....

Attachments

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Well I will say that the Series 50 all welded up and installed. I'm getting 2 more MPG, it sounds pretty darn mean, the truck moves faster, and I am still considering the CAI!!!!