Rimrocker trail

• HTML tutorial

86burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sioux Falls, SD 57105, USA
Member #

Stupid question here, but please indulge me for a second of your time.

Is it possible to do the Rimrocker Trail from Moab to Montrose? Everything I have found is titled “Montrose to Moab”. Is it possible to do it backwards? Thank you.

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
The BLM says,

"1.The trail is well marked with sign posts. A GPS comes in handy a few times.
2.Maps and an informational brochure can be picked up at the visitors’ center in Montrose or Naturita.
3.The entire trail usually opens by June depending on snowpack.
4.Best time to travel would be early summer for wildflower viewing or during the fall colors.
5.The trail is suitable for stock high-clearance 4x4 vehicles with good tires."

I don't know the trail, but the BLM and etc, are typically conservative about vehicle capabilities.

We'll be doing the Rimrocker Montrose to Moab route in early July in my stock Taco TRD Offroad. I'll post a full report on OB. I plan not to turn on the 4x4 except for about 10 miles total and only because I like to drive in 4WD at least 10 miles or so every month.

Reactions: mep1811

OtherOrb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
First Name
Moses
Last Name
H
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7QIF
I'm headed to that area in July with my Porsche cayenne . I'll have to do more research . Thanks
Does your Cayenne have the offroad suspension option? If so, it's more capable than my Taco with respect to ground clearance (10.6 inches compared with 9.4 inches in the Taco). If not, it's still got an entirely respectable 8.5" clearance. That's more than the stock Chevy Colorado, a respected offroading pickup. The approach and departure angles are good too.

If you pick your lines carefully, you'll be just fine.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Does your Cayenne have the offroad suspension option? If so, it's more capable than my Taco with respect to ground clearance (10.6 inches compared with 9.4 inches in the Taco). If not, it's still got an entirely respectable 8.5" clearance. That's more than the stock Chevy Colorado, a respected offroading pickup. The approach and departure angles are good too.

If you pick your lines carefully, you'll be just fine.
No air suspension just coils. Thanks