Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
Hi all,

I'm looking to install a couple of Rigid D-series Pro on my 2017 GC Trailhawk using the following bracket:

This means the lights will be pretty close together and behind the mesh grille. I'm trying to decide which type to get, but I'm at a loss - looking to mostly improve slow off-road driving and camp finding during the night. Any thoughts on which ones might be best for that purpose? I'm currently leaning towards either the "Driving" or "Diffused Driving" lights.

Thanks.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I intend to do the same on a WJ (4x4 Fabworks brackets and Rigid pods). I have the same question and the same intended use, but very little aftermarket lighting experience. Did you pick a light pattern, and if so did it meet your need?
Also I favor amber, to me it cuts through fog, dust, and snow better but I am not sold on it either.

James

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
"driving" lights generally means a more narrow beam pattern, useful for higher speeds.
"fog" lights are very wide and not much distance.
"diffused driving" seems to be somewhere between driving and fog.

If you'd like to light up slow speed trails or illuminate a wide area, say like a campsite, I'd definitely pick the "diffused driving" option.

Reactions: JimBill and J.W.

KrelleKryl

Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
I intend to do the same on a WJ (4x4 Fabworks brackets and Rigid pods). I have the same question and the same intended use, but very little aftermarket lighting experience. Did you pick a light pattern, and if so did it meet your need?
Also I favor amber, to me it cuts through fog, dust, and snow better but I am not sold on it either.

James
I actually ended up installing three lights by creating an extra bracket on top of this one. Two diffused driving lights and one driving light. Pretty happy with the results (this is for the campsite primarily - more so than driving).

Reactions: JimBill