Rig Photos | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Rig Photos

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

XC70_OVERLANDER

Rank V
Adventure

Member III

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

There is quite a large community on XC70 in America. Way more options than here in Germany.
I also meant to say "overlanding"

Did you lift yours at all. Definitely bigger tires.
Sadly no lift at all. Two reasons: 1st unfortunately my XC70 runs the active FOUR-C suspension which makes impossible to add a lift without producing a warning sign (there are some ideas to cut out the sensor and cable tie it to the lift shocks and that leads me to the 2nd reason: the German technical board is a pain in the …

Tires are stock size 215/65R16 BFG Ko2
But they perform pretty nice on different surfaces.

DHancock

Rank II
Adventure

Pathfinder II

Yucaipa, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hancock
Member #

‘99 LX470: Purchased newish in 2003 as family vehicle, repurposed at 100,000 miles (2013). It’s my 6th off road/overlander and probably the best so far.

To many upgrades to list. Most useful are 2” lift with Kings all around, ARB lockers, part time conversion, 200 watt/300ah solar/battery sys., kitchen, tent with heated mattress, 12k winch, recovery points, HAM (for listening!), integrated navigation with Gaia, Garmin Overlander for portability… blah blah blah!

Attachments

Egan

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Love the build, great looking rig
Thanks, when I say ready to go I still have to get lockers installed. I am ready for them on board air and switches are in but need to get the lockers in. I am still using it just nothing to intense that would require the lockers.

Reactions: Ray O

MSD

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Some where out side Ketchum ID a few weeks back on a fly fishing trip in the JK.

Attachments