Launch Member

Traveler I

Fresno
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

This little lady’s build name is Fenris. Working on some graphics/badges so chevy can finally have something that competes with a Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: passivelyoffcourse

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

My handle comes from the name of my Land Cruiser. The moment I brought it home I had the feeling it could start the apocalypses, or at least survive it. Doomsday and words of the like were thrown around for a while. One day I was watching Invader Zim. It is a weird cult cartoon about an alien bent on taking over Earth. In an episode, Zim receives a huge robot to destroy his nemesis and it was called Megadoomer. I always thought that my FJ55 was capable or more than just plain ol' regular doom, so Megadoomer was perfect. Over the years it has received a lot more creature comforts and it's look of Doomdom had dwindled. Call it a wolf in Pig's clothing if you will. It is often referred to as "The Doomer" for short, and "The Noisy Truck" by my daughter.

20180621_105103.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
My handle comes from the name of my Land Cruiser. The moment I brought it home I had the feeling it could start the apocalypses, or at least survive it. Doomsday and words of the like were thrown around for a while. One day I was watching Invader Zim. It is a weird cult cartoon about an alien bent on taking over Earth. In an episode, Zim receives a huge robot to destroy his nemesis and it was called Megadoomer. I always thought that my FJ55 was capable or more than just plain ol' regular doom, so Megadoomer was perfect. Over the years it has received a lot more creature comforts and it's look of Doomdom had dwindled. Call it a wolf in Pig's clothing if you will. It is often referred to as "The Doomer" for short, and "The Noisy Truck" by my daughter.
I love the name and the plates on it!

Reactions: Megadoomer

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
I named my truck "Pamela" as it was beach patrol before I got it. It was a fun mystery to figure out, but it was totally confirmed with the amout of sand I had to vacuum out from under the carpet. The attached pictue by bumper number appears to be my exact truck!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Our 1-ton diesel is called Brutus, 'cause it's a brute. Even up the steepest highway passes with the camper on, we've never found the bottom of the accelerator - always had to back off.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Named our Tacoma: Hetaera, originally was called the mistress by my wife (for obvious reasons) but that wasn't classy enough.
1625201351939.png

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

After reading the background on the color of our 2015 JKU which is Anvil I dubbed it The Trash Can. Wife doesn't care for it so it has become a loose affiliation.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Had not thought about a name, it isn’t finished, nor has it earned a name yet, although the wife started calling it “tree-fort” as the new rtt makes her feel like she is in a tree-fort. I don’t think that will stick tho, time will tell.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I named mine Hermes. Greek god of travel. Since I bought the truck to explore, it seemed fitting. I was going to go with Odin, because it's BA, but that's what Expedition Overland named one of their rigs.

ArcticTex

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

I have a white FJ that my son names Oppa after the flying bison from his favorite cartoon.
My dad had a 78 power wagon that we called the green mile. He thought it was because it was a long bed club cab, but we called it that because it broke down a lot and we usually had to walk that far for help. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
We named our rig "Bulldog Easy" So we have an English Bulldog name Cornelius Fudge. For anyone that is familiar with a red coat bulldog they are known for being....stubborn. So any time we are trying to do something Fudge has a way of making it harder than it really has to be. Fudge likes to....participate in whatever is going on and has a way of making the simplest things difficult. We call this phenomenon making this "Bulldog Easy". One night I was going over our route for an upcoming trip. We were going north to go south and taking the most winding round about trails. My wife pointed out that overlanding makes a simple trip "Bulldog Easy" as so born was the name. Like Fudge, our overland adventures are somewhat more difficult that they really need to be, but we love them even more because of it I think. Anyway, you asked so there you go.

Cornelius Archibald Fudge - Making life "Bulldog Easy" since 2018
20210522_003033784_iOS (2).jpg20210618_190108105_iOS (2).jpg20210618_184653821_iOS (2).jpg

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have a White, 2500 Ram, 4 door door, long bed. I call her Ballena Blanca, Spanish for white whale. She is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcticTex

oeb0630

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, GA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Gray
Member #

This is Artemis. Named after the best hunting dog and best friend I have ever had! "Iwan's Artemis Citori" was her registered name; lost her at the young age of 5....but she will always have a place in my heart. The new dog approved of the truck's name, and claims the truck as her own anyhow......

Attachments

Reactions: Jeremyv

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

The Adventure Van. AWD, 32" AT tires, bed, toilet, no sway bar, rear lsd, front/rear receiver for the winch, 31 gallon gas tank and lots of space for stuff and things.

Jeremyv

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Lake George NY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Vanier
Well I got my truck and immediately thought of the name PapaSmurf for it. just got it last Friday and many things to come. 1816DD99-F48F-4B8E-9AC6-9800822EE590.jpeg