Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Der
Last Name
Wotan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE3R
A long time motorcyclist friend (he's big into m/c off-roading; I am more the street-carving type - BMW R11200RTW) of mine pointed me to a site, http://ridebdr.com, for information on 'off the beaten path' roads and trails. Their site explains:

"Backcountry Discovery Routes is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization whose mission is to establish and preserve off-highway routes for dual-sport and adventure motorcycle travel. Through education, advocacy, and promotion of responsible motorcycle travel, BDR seeks to preserve backcountry motorcycling opportunities for generations to come.

BDR works with land managers, state tourism departments and rural communities to keep backcountry roads accessible to motorcyclists. Through careful investment of funds and volunteer resources, BDR is able to create new routes and provide free GPS tracks, photos, videos and planning tips for each route. The organization also works to educate the motorcycle community about responsible travel on public lands.

Backcountry Discovery Routes' goal is to create a new Backcountry Discovery Route each year for the Adventure Community. For each BDR route, a full-length documentary DVD, a Butler motorcycle map, and free GPS tracks are produced. BDR works with motorcycle dealers across the US to organize BDR movie premieres and training seminars.

The BDR organization has a track record of making the subject states a major destination for motorcycle travel. The routes bring new tourism dollars to small towns, making a positive impact on these local economies.

Adventure Motorcycling encompasses more than just riding. It's about passion, adventure, travel, risk-taking, personal triumph, camaraderie, and becoming one with nature and the world. Since 2010, Backcountry Discovery Routes has inspired thousands of people -- seasoned adventure riders and those new to the sport -- to take advantage of the riding opportunities available in the United States."

Obviously geared more towards m/c adventure riders, looks like their routing information might be of value to this community as well?

Anybody familiar with this site? Routes viable for 4x4 travel?