Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Gwisdalla
Member #

Interesting just spoke with a person and they were there within 5 months and they said it’s not private, and that it is a big misconception about that.

GroundedLP

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Gwisdalla
Member #

I will drive up there tomorrow, not going to run it as there is way to much rain this week, but I will go and see if there’s any gates or anything. I’m only 45 minutes away where my camper is right now.

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
I will drive up there tomorrow, not going to run it as there is way to much rain this week, but I will go and see if there’s any gates or anything. I’m only 45 minutes away where my camper is right now.
I was up there for a good friends wedding a little over a year ago. There’s a lockable gate. That area had always been under a lot of contention and confusion. The official verdict last I heard was that the first section was private and had to use the trailhead entrance. Then the road is forest road but both sides are private land. You’ll hear the playground referenced a lot. It is and has always been on private property.

Pretty much to sum it all up. Bunch of selfish tore it up too many times and the property owners got mad and got together and went to law enforcement. Used to be tons of drugs (use and manufacture) and alcohol and really poor decisions so they are trying to limit that now. I’m sure that the two of us will cross paths soon and I can run a few more things by you that don’t need out.

Reactions: GroundedLP