Enthusiast I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hey everyone,

Dropping a last minute notification! Heading out of Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning for a trip up to the Boone area. Read about & watched alot of videos on Richland Road, so decided we will give it a try. Sasquatch posted less than positive reviews of the area, but I think it's worth checking out. Will probably overnight in the Boone area (hotel). Will be scouting some camping & fishing areas too. If you're interested, let me know! Otherwise, I plan on posting a meet up in the Charlotte area soon.

Jason & Jill.

Reactions: Maverick9110E

NorthStateOverland

Rank III

Advocate III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Boggs
Member #

Looking forward to a trail report. I tackled Richland rd a few times in college, but I heard that it closed a few years ago. If it’s still open I would love to take a trip up there again.

jasonjill567

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

So the stories & rumors are correct. Richland Road is closed. The river crossing at the beginning, next to the private bridge, now has a gate. Years of disrespect for the land owners has led to this...

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
All the more reason to 'Tread Lightly'.
It was a decent trail back in the day. The last time I went through it, so many areas had been 'cut-up' by what I would call 'vandals' trespassing off-trail trying to get more challenging hill climb and rock crawling.