Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sporadically over the last several months, usually during the night, I receive the attached notification. When I select it and OB Talk opens, the notification window is empty.

Am I missing something or is this a bug in the matrix?

Screenshot_20190331-064745.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

What shows up when you view your messages via a desktop browser? I have had a blank message that shows as a new notification for almost a month, but when opening messages on the mobile app doesn't show anything. When viewing messages on a desktop, it shows a message with no sender, no content, can't be opened, and can't be deleted. I've got another post on this problem HERE that @Michael and @Chris Jones have looked into without any resolution. Take a peek and see if that's what you have.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
What shows up when you view your messages via a desktop browser? I have had a blank message that shows as a new notification for almost a month, but when opening messages on the mobile app doesn't show anything. When viewing messages on a desktop, it shows a message with no sender, no content, can't be opened, and can't be deleted. I've got another post on this problem HERE that @Michael and @Chris Jones have looked into without any resolution. Take a peek and see if that's what you have.
Hi Steve.

Thanks for the quick response.

On a desktop browser it showed 5 notifications and all but one were days old. (My OB Talk notification always says 2, but lists none.)

Clicking the envelope yielded no recent messages. I don't find any blank messages as you suggested

There was a while that it did this multiple times a week. It has been quiet for several weeks until last night.

Reactions: Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Steve, can you provide the conversation ID? When you click on that conversation (even though it generates an error) can you give me the complete url? You can PM me.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Steve, can you provide the conversation ID? When you click on that conversation (even though it generates an error) can you give me the complete url? You can PM me.

LOL. My thread has been hijacked! What's up with that? :tongueout::tongueout:

Reactions: Steve

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Were you guys working on this platform this morning? I got another bogus notification message this morning:

No messages when following popup notification

Notification popup

Also, just now when I tried to share these images (as images, not a hyperlink) using my Google photos link it says something like "Oops, something went wrong. Contact your administrator."
The OB Talk app is not supported, meaning, you may get all kinds of funny behavior. We will be moving away from our OB Talk app in favor of the Overland Bound app we are developing, for release in June. OB Talk has not been updated in a while, and has some issues.

Regarding the google links - our site is very sensitive to external links, and it could have presented a security issue, which would have been the reason for the "Oops".

The app coming in June fixes these issues.

The notifications were are trouble-shooting in this threads are for the web platform, but they may also affect the OB Talk app, so your issue may be fixed once we get this resolved.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.