Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey folks, I found this on the forum before and had intended to post it here earlier. This is a nice short Tread Lightly course that takes about 30min or less to do and is a good reminder for everyone! I just finished taking it and thought I'd pass it along for everyone since some training for the group has been mentioned!

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

WOW! Just joined TODAY, can't make this one (work) but looking forward to next time. Enjoy the great BBQ! Will keep up with rally points in the future!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

AdamK1981

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey folks, I found this on the forum before and had intended to post it here earlier. This is a nice short Tread Lightly course that takes about 30min or less to do and is a good reminder for everyone! I just finished taking it and thought I'd pass it along for everyone since some training for the group has been mentioned!

Just finished it as well. Great reminder course on proper ethics. Probably would be really great for anyone who has a kid in Scouts

Reactions: TerryD

witchdoctor_33

Rank VI

Influencer I

Roanoke, VA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4BDT
Just completed my course. Definitely good for the new people, and a good reminder for those that have been doing this for a bit.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
OK folks! The next meet-up is Sunday! This weekend totally snuck up on me! Hoping to make it back to town in time for some BBQ with everyone! Lets try to line everyone up in the parking lot and get a good group shot this time and maybe everyone haul their grub out to their rigs to eat and tire kick a little.

I'll be on GMRS 15 mobile when I'm in-bound and try to be monitoring it when I get there with my HT.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Terry

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Our May meet-up falls on Mother's Day. How many of you would rather try to push it back a week to the 19th so people can spend the day with their families?

jellymot

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I don’t see any info for Sunday. Where can I find it? Is that the Peters mill one or something different?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Due to the weather warnings, I'm not going to make it this evening. I hope everyone is safe out there. Maybe we can reschedule for next weekend, I'll have to check my calendar.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Sorry to have missed you guys! I went home and passed completely out. I was exhausted after the PMR trip and unpacking. I've still got a bunch of stuff to dry out.

Hopefully next month will work out better!

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

This was definitely a soaker of a weekend, hope no one had storm damage. I'll keep an eye out for more trips, this summer I should be able to get out for more weekends.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm going to be out roaming around today. Feel like I'm heading towards Craig County at the moment, if anybody wants to join let me know! Not sure where I'll go or where I'll end up, just need to be out of the house for a bit.

Reactions: witchdoctor_33

witchdoctor_33

Rank VI

Influencer I

Roanoke, VA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
E
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4BDT
I'm going to be out roaming around today. Feel like I'm heading towards Craig County at the moment, if anybody wants to join let me know! Not sure where I'll go or where I'll end up, just need to be out of the house for a bit.
Damn it!!! I'm stuck at work, wish I could go.
But, I did get some 2 wheel adventure time yesterday around Mountain Lake !