Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, had a death in the family and lots of things to take care of. Won't be able to make it this time but would like to get together for a trail ride in August, also the ham radio intro would be great. Hope everyone is having a great summer! Pic is from trip to Mount Pisgah earlier this year.PkwyHi.jpg

Reactions: TerryD

Schuie11

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

I have Fire EMS duty tonight. What time is the meet up? Shift ends at 7 unless we are on a call.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey folks, I'm back. Got the thread updated with the next meet-up date. What's everyone got going on?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
For those interested, the Roanoke Hamfun is coming up on the 3rd of August. They will be having test sessions that day at 10am for anyone wanting to try for their license.

I'll be there, it's usually a good time and some good gear for sale.

Last edited:

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
I’ll be in NH.
Maybe by the next meeting I’ll have my new overlanding vehicle to show you guys...

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
So this Sunday is probably a little short notice, but who wants to try to do something for September's meetup? Maybe a ride or some overnight camping Saturday to Sunday?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Well I don't guess anyone showed up but me and the kids?

Anyways, we headed up to Roaring Run afterward and hiked up to the falls and the kids played in the water for a while.

So do we want to see about trying to do something a little more overlandy for the next meet-up?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Starting to plan a weekend next month to go do some camping and wheeling. Looking at the evening of the 6th to the morning of the 8th.

Wouldn't mind some company if anyone's up for it. Daughter 2 will be coming so shenanigans will be in the low to medium range.

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

I'm planning on camping/wheeling the weekend before, since I have Monday off (Labor Day weekend). Have a gig on Saturday the 7th.
Looking to rough camp in National Forest, every campground I looked at is booked! Would rather be out in the woods anyway! (Plus don't really get excited about campgrounds with huge rv's, etc.)