Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey folks, at the January meet-up some of you guys mentioned being interested in Ham radio.

The Roanoke Valley Amateur Radio Club is doing free classes and tests for Technician license next month. I saw it posted on their Facebook page. If you can't find it, message me and I'll get you in touch with them for the details.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Some of us are talking about meeting up for a ride through the countryside before the meet-up. Probably nothing requiring 4wd, just a little exploring.

Thinking about meeting in Lexington around noon.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

AdamK1981

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey all! I'm new to the group and I live in the Winchester area. I'd rather go to a meetup West of the mountains so I'm looking at this one. Would like to make it down with my girl and do the drive around. Any chance you'd like to meet sooner than noon? Stretched for time considering the commute there and back. If I'm the only one that has an issue then that's ok, thought I'd throw it out there.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
@AdamK1981 We could probably meet earlier. Mike and I were just thinking noon since it probably won't take that long to cover the roads we're thinking about and then get back to Roanoke. What time were you thinking?

tobey1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuart, VA 24171, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tobey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
k4fmm
What time you all planning on meeting at Mission bbq? I saw it on the normal website the other day but mobile now and having a hard time locating it again.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
we're running a little late. The ride is taking a little longer than we had plans. Probably going to be 30 to 45 minutes late

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We had a great time out in the hills today! I hope everyone made it home safe. We were talking about what to do next month and I brought up the Peter's Mill Run that's the same weekend. Here's the link to the Rally Point for it.

I'm planning on attending it and if anyone wants to convoy up, just give me a shout. I'm hoping to be back Sunday in time for our usual BBQ chow down.

We need to work on plans for that hammock and camp cooking meet-up later as well. I think that'll be a great time and everyone will get to drag out their gear and play some.