Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
And here's the rally point for the trip!

Please respond ASAP. Post up in the thread for the RP as well with questions and concerns.

pcjfro

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Troutville, VA, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Casteel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB4RIP
As far as comms go, what is the most common setup people around here use? I have my tech license and a mobile setup in my rig, but just curious if it would be beneficial to get a CB as well, or GMRS, or just have all of the above.

Thanks for any input!

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
As far as comms go, what is the most common setup people around here use? I have my tech license and a mobile setup in my rig, but just curious if it would be beneficial to get a CB as well, or GMRS, or just have all of the above.

Thanks for any input!
More of us are trending to ham but GMRS is what we normally use. The clarity of FM vs AM and the higher power GMRS offers with the license is much nicer. Plus the smaller antenna size and fact that it works with the unlicensed FRS service for folks just starting out is nice too!

If I can go I hope to use my newly acquired HAM license...
Awesome! Congrats! I'll be monitoring 146.460 for those Hams in attendance. At least for those traveling in and for inter-group coms if we wind up having enough folks that we need to split up.

Reactions: pcjfro

804Tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
F
Member #

And here's the rally point for the trip!

Please respond ASAP. Post up in the thread for the RP as well with questions and concerns.
Hey Terry, very interested in going to the meet up next weekend! It says May 15-17. Could you give me some more details on an itinerary? Unfortunately I have to work that Friday but would love to join you all on Saturday

Reactions: pcjfro

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey Terry, very interested in going to the meet up next weekend! It says May 15-17. Could you give me some more details on an itinerary? Unfortunately I have to work that Friday but would love to join you all on Saturday
Go to the rally point page linked at the top of that thread. There's a basic itinerary listed there in the description. We're going to try to be rolling by 10:30 Saturday morning, headed for Flag Pole up Switzer Lake/Dunkle Hollow Rd.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Hey folks! I'm going to be closing down this thread. Where it migrated from the original forum it's been having issues with notifications and mentions and everything.

Here's a link to the new thread for those who didn't receive the invitation messages.