Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
In deference to the COVID-19 outbreak and the White House guidance to limit gatherings to less than 10 people, this event is cancelled until further notice.

OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup. Stop by and meet other local (or visiting) outdoor explorers. Bring your rig, get some coffee, spin some yarns, ask for advice, and maybe plan some trips. (Note: the Rally Point doesn't reset the RSVP count each occurrence, which means occasionally it will say "no more space" -- don't worry about that, just show up anyway!)

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup. Stop by and meet other local (or visiting) outdoor explorers. Bring your rig, get some coffee, spin some yarns, ask for advice, and maybe plan some trips. I'm also working on getting some training/education going in the future based on everyone's interest.

Saturday, 9:30am-10:30am (or longer), Starbucks in Marina del Rey, repeating monthly on the 2nd Saturday of the month. If you see a dark grey Rubicon w/ yellow OME shocks (pictured above), that's me. I will try to get tables outside, and should have some OB flyers/stickers.

RSVP'd, see you there.

Kraken

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corona, CA
Member #

Thanks for the invite! I’ll try to make it out there if I can! I would love to meet my local overlandbound friends! Cheers!

Reactions: David S

jxmkhn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles
Member #

Wont be able to make it this coming saturday unfortunately because I have navy training early in the morning but do update what was discussed on that day!!

Michael & Fe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Studio city, CA
Member #

OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup. Stop by and meet other local (or visiting) outdoor explorers. Bring your rig, get some coffee, spin some yarns, ask for advice, and maybe plan some trips. I'm also working on getting some training/education going in the future based on everyone's interest.

Saturday, 9:30am-10:30am (or longer), Starbucks in Marina del Rey, repeating monthly on the 2nd Saturday of the month. If you see a dark grey Rubicon w/ yellow OME shocks (pictured above), that's me. I will try to get tables outside, and should have some OB flyers/stickers.

RSVP'd, see you there.
We’re Coming! Been a member for over a year, never been to anything yet, I’m ready to be hazed!
Barclay, thanks for the invite!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders is sponsoring a FB live event Tuesday July 17 with Land Use Advocate Del Albright and OLB Founders Michael and Corrie Murguia.
If you have time check it out, this is probably the biggest issue with off road use today, we need to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Reactions: Narbob

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
How was it this morning ? couldn't get away from work today
Met some good people, but I hope to make this regular enough that it keeps growing too the point I have to find a better spot (suggestions welcome). And got some good tips on gear, and saw a pretty cool camper setup.

Working on getting some a fieldcraft training classes from a SERE instructor friend of mine, and maybe engaging in trail maintenance volunteer work, if we get the numbers. I've also got a home-brew "HUD" display project I can give a rundown on.

Hope to see your at the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Narbob

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

Met some good people, but I hope to make this regular enough that it keeps growing too the point I have to find a better spot (suggestions welcome). And got some good tips on gear, and saw a pretty cool camper setup.

Working on getting some a fieldcraft training classes from a SERE instructor friend of mine, and maybe engaging in trail maintenance volunteer work, if we get the numbers. I've also got a home-brew "HUD" display project I can give a rundown on.

Hope to see your at the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Cool thanks for the reply, I work in Santa Monica and tried to run over there but got held up working on a waiter ( car ) and wasn't done in time to make the run back to meet up with you guys. look forward to meeting some local peeps in the area I live LAX area and am all over the westside. You guys ever try an evening meet up ? just a thought

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign