HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all! I joined a month or so ago and attended the Gaia GPS talk but haven't yet introduced myself. My name is Linda, and sometimes my 81 year old mom Diane rides shotgun with me. I grew up in Carson way back when and started wheeling there. I lived in Truckee for over 10 years and got off road a bit there too. I've been riding motorcycles (street/dirt) most my adult life. I've sailed up the California Coast and lived on the boat in Tomales Bay for the summer, and I also have quite a bit of experience navigating in a Cessna 182. I bought my 2015 JKU last September (there was a bit of a hiccup with her in the shop for 5 weeks after some asshat plowed into her) and now we are getting outfitted and sorted out. I aspire to do the Rebelle Rally in 2020 (if finances permit) and I look forward to meeting the rest of the group and doing some fun runs.
View attachment 89069
Welcome. Look forward to you joining us.

Reactions: Nataqua

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
NEW RO Logo.jpeg Reno Overlanding - March 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes

17 participants representing 13 unique rigs helped celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Reno Overlanding group. After introductions for some new folk, Bill C. reviewed the agenda for the night and launched into the Year in Review slide/video presentation attached below.

A Year in Review

After the presentation, Bill mentioned that Sand Mountain was probably not a viable option for the ‘Getting Unstuck’ exercise. It was suggested to go back to the Hunter Lake Trail trailhead and conduct it there.

However, the other runs and overnighters were still on the table and looked at.

Day Runs and Overnighters

· Summer Overnighter (Scott)

Scott W. took over at this point and reviewed the August Summer Overnighter to be held at Kidd Lake Campground. We can book it now for 10 spots, and divide the fee amongst those who will go. Marc gave the deposit to hold the location and date.

· Ichthyosaur Park Overnighter (Bob and Bill)

Bill and Bob are still on track to visit this location and gather all the particulars for a group overnighter.

· Virginia Trail Run

It was agreed that the Virginia Trail Run will be the first outing. Stay tuned for the Rally Point.

2019 Meeting Topics

The following are the upcoming topics to be held at the next 5 meetings. Possibly in this order but maybe not.

· Rig Talk – What you should have – Scott and Marc
· Meals and Prep – Connie, Denise, and Mary
· Compressor vs. CO2 – TBD
· Survivor Skills – Rick and Dean?
· Trail Sponsor – BLM Contact

Adjourn

The meeting lasted a bit over an hour giving enough daylight left to explore the rigs and talk about mods.

Thanks everyone for coming out and celebrating your group’s first year anniversary.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 90167 Reno Overlanding - March 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes

17 participants representing 13 unique rigs helped celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Reno Overlanding group. After introductions for some new folk, Bill C. reviewed the agenda for the night and launched into the Year in Review slide/video presentation attached below.

A Year in Review

After the presentation, Bill mentioned that Sand Mountain was probably not a viable option for the ‘Getting Unstuck’ exercise. It was suggested to go back to the Hunter Lake Trail trailhead and conduct it there.

Scott W. took over at this point and reviewed the August Summer Overnighter to be held at Kidd Lake Campground. We can book it now for 10 spots, and divide the fee amongst those who will go. Marc gave the deposit to hold the location and date.

Bill and Bob are still on track to visit this location and gather all the particulars for a group overnighter.

· Virginia Trail Run

It was agreed that the Virginia Trail Run will be the first outing. Stay tuned for the Rally Point.

2019 Meeting Topics

The following are the upcoming topics to be held at the next 5 meetings. Possibly in this order but maybe not.

Adjourn

The meeting lasted a bit over an hour giving enough daylight left to explore the rigs and talk about mods.

Thanks everyone for coming out and celebrating your group’s first year anniversary.
Darn, I keep missing your meetings... Sorry Bill

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Nataqua

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

NV, USA
First Name
Solifuge
Last Name
Nexus
Member #

View attachment 90167 Reno Overlanding - March 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes

A Year in Review

· Virginia Trail Run

2019 Meeting Topics

Adjourn

Bravo! Great video! It looks like it was a good first year, I wish I hadn't missed it, or the meeting. It looks like there were some good topics and runs. I would like to do some getting unstuck exercises employing Maxx Tracks, is there somewhere closer than Sand Mountain that can be done?

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Bravo! Great video! It looks like it was a good first year, I wish I hadn't missed it, or the meeting. It looks like there were some good topics and runs. I would like to do some getting unstuck exercises employing Maxx Tracks, is there somewhere closer than Sand Mountain that can be done?
We are thinking that the Hunter Lake trail head above McCarran. Stay tuned for a rally point.

Reactions: Nataqua

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Anyone interested in making a trip down to the Carson river hot springs this Saturday or Sunday? I can lead us down. Stock doable with 4x4.

This would start out of Gardnerville. 7 miles of rocky road, the rest is pretty good road.

Sounds like maybe on Sunday will work. What time are you thinking? I can send an email out to the group.

WJeeper

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I made a post for our trip today. If you have pics or vids to share, post them up there.