Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Me, wife and the dog. Silver 4Runner with Rhino basket on the factory rack. Will have a blue and silver Napier SUV tent attached once we get a spot picked out and set up. Leaving BTR Thursday morning.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Has anyone been to this before? Just curious as to how they do the camping for the rigs. And how family friendly is it?

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Has anyone been to this before? Just curious as to how they do the camping for the rigs. And how family friendly is it?
I went last year. They have several areas to set up. Up front coming in they have area for RV's. In the middle is the area for vendors and stage for gatherings. Down along the river is several large primitive areas where most of the rigs setup. Plenty of room I thought. I got there on Thursday and there was plenty of room. By Friday evening It got a little too crowded for me. People out the ying-yang! I saw all I came to see and left on Saturday afternoon for other parts. Lots to see in Arkansas! I'm just not that comfortable with having people set up that close. Hearing people snore was too much...and I'm half deaf! If I were to go again I would look for some dispersed camping in the nearby National Forest and show up for the vendor setup during the day. There were good door prizes drawings in the evening but I've got too much stuff already. Maybe there won't be the mass of humanity there was last year. Good Luck wit dat!

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I went last year. They have several areas to set up. Up front coming in they have area for RV's. In the middle is the area for vendors and stage for gatherings. Down along the river is several large primitive areas where most of the rigs setup. Plenty of room I thought. I got there on Thursday and there was plenty of room. By Friday evening It got a little too crowded for me. People out the ying-yang! I saw all I came to see and left on Saturday afternoon for other parts. Lots to see in Arkansas! I'm just not that comfortable with having people set up that close. Hearing people snore was too much...and I'm half deaf! If I were to go again I would look for some dispersed camping in the nearby National Forest and show up for the vendor setup during the day. There were good door prizes drawings in the evening but I've got too much stuff already. Maybe there won't be the mass of humanity there was last year. Good Luck wit dat!
awe man! I'm with you, I don't need all that closeness lol! But yeah maybe it won't be as crowded(I have a feeling it will be). If I go I will more then likely get there late Thursday or early Friday morning. I've never been to anything like this so it would be nice to go and enjoy it.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
awe man! I'm with you, I don't need all that closeness lol! But yeah maybe it won't be as crowded(I have a feeling it will be). If I go I will more then likely get there late Thursday or early Friday morning. I've never been to anything like this so it would be nice to go and enjoy it.
It's a neat place. Lots of rigs and friendly people. Many people there for the off-roading in the area. If you are looking for a half-way camp site Lake Chewalla near Holly Springs, Miss. was a good stopover. FS campground and was inexpensive. Not far off I-22.

Reactions: Lil Bear