• HTML tutorial

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

hi guys

I noticed that the American section of the site has regular club meets and events...be it a meet up for a drink and chat or trips out and about. I wonder how many of the uk based members would be interested in doing something similar and at the same time trying to get the club name around to grow the membership in the uk. We do have a few members in fairly close proximity to where I live and it would be great to have area meets and national meets...if you think it maybe something you may be interested in let me know and we can see if we can get it sorted out. Maybe we could extend this to 4x4 events and meets also like landrover show events and other alternatives...be happy to help organise or discuss other ideas..

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

The Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon Avon should be in the calendar for all. I thinks it's usually the 3rd weekend in Sept.

We are planning a 3 or 4 week tour of the Highland and Islands this summer so we will be passing Lockerbie. Date not certain as of yet.

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

The Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon Avon should be in the calendar for all. I thinks it's usually the 3rd weekend in Sept.

We are planning a 3 or 4 week tour of the Highland and Islands this summer so we will be passing Lockerbie. Date not certain as of yet.

Hi

We go up to the highlands a few times each year...our first is on our motorbikes on Easter weekend for a few days and one in summer for sure...time and money dictates anymore trips. Think we will try and go to the adventure overland show...will see how things go...let us know when your passing by and I will try and arrange to meet up.

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

Dates all depend on when our daughter's graduation is. And how far we fancy driving in one day. Last time we came up to the highlands it took us 10 hours to get to Lockerbie, well Bruce's Cave campsite, we just had to stop somewhere. These days 250 to 300 miles a day is enough for us.

snowcat

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Aberdeenshire, Scotland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Stone
Member #

I like the idea of regular meet-ups but it's a bit far from Aberdeen. I am looking at going down to the Overland Show in September though, we could find away to meet up then..

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

I've been wondering if we should get these various shows and possible meet ups like Adventure Overland in the forum calendar and organise a meeting point. Maybe the beer tent at a certain time on the Saturday night? ... That way the calendar gives an indication of where members might be and a meeting place? Just my thought

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I think you can have "club" camping spots at the AO show.
If you make contact with Tom from AO and discuss it with him, he can look at who else (club wise) will be there and see if he can make some space, but he would need to know numbers if something like this is going to happen - there are a few other larger groups "Similar" to OB who do turn up every year with their members, but numbers are known well in advance

The group I'm with have had a stand there 2 years running and potentially there again this year (yet to be discussed internally)

(with my Club/Committee hat on - non OB) Perhaps that will point you in the right direction as to how to go about it as a Club entity :)

Reactions: Tim

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

If you make contact with Tom from AO and discuss it with him, he can look at who else (club wise) will be there and see if he can make some space, but he would need to know numbers if something like this is going to happen - there are a few other larger groups "Similar" to OB who do turn up every year with their members, but numbers are known well in advance

The group I'm with have had a stand there 2 years running and potentially there again this year (yet to be discussed internally)

(with my Club/Committee hat on - non OB) Perhaps that will point you in the right direction as to how to go about it as a Club entity :)
I'm guess you are also a member of UK Overlanders.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

I'm guess you are also a member of UK Overlanders.
Hi Andy - no I'm not a member of UK Overlanders - but yes they are one of the larger groups i was referring to who attend the AO event in the masses lol,
If you look at my signature that will give you a clue :grinning: - Norfolk Overland Explorers is who I am part of and a committee member of

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Ah yeah, I should have spotted that little clue. Great website and looks like a really interesting group.
Thanks

I need to spend a little time just updating some of the bits we have done recently but the entire committee team have had quite a bit of stuff going on work wise and club wise over the "winter" period making plans for expeditions and events this year lol