Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

**This is an Overland Bound sanctioned event**

Do you have a capable 4x4, but aren't sure what to do if you get stuck? Maybe you have some recovery gear (or are thinking about purchasing gear) and want to learn how to safely use it. Then this class is for you! Details below. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, THIS IS A PAID CLASS IN A RESERVED SECTION OF THE PARK.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Road and Steve

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Yes, this is a paid class. Didn't realize that you have to click the More button to see the details and the link to registration. I'll edit the event to make it more apparent.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

All the cool events seem like they end up being on the west coast so how about sharing the knowledge in our other regions too?
Amen

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I post a lot of knowledge here on the forums and on my Instagram feed. In fact, I just made a post about re-spooling your winch cable for the first time after getting a new winch. I'd like to find a way to teach these types of classes in other regions that makes sense financially.

Reactions: BackWoods and Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I post a lot of knowledge here on the forums and on my Instagram feed. In fact, I just made a post about re-spooling your winch cable for the first time after getting a new winch. I'd like to find a way to teach these types of classes in other regions that makes sense financially.
You've actually contributed to several threads here on OB with invaluable, and experienced, information. Easy to see from the info you provide that you've been around the block and back as far as winches and recovery techniques go.

Hell, if we had enough members up this way (Maine coast and Maritimes right now), I'd set up a workshop for you to come to and teach. Same for the west Texas area down around Big Bend. That would probably get a lot more interest. Looked at land down there a couple times and am still thinking about it, with just this sort of thing in mind, a spot that folks can come to for an overnight or two on their way to Big Bend trails, learn a few things, do laundry and shower on their way back, etc.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures