Recommend emergency repair in Bishop, CA?

• HTML tutorial

ijrc

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Foster City, California
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Cruickshanks
Member #

Hello. I’ve got a 2014 4Runner that we did some overlanding with just south of Mammoth Lakes over the 4th weekend. While heading back to our campsite, the bolt that holds the lower link suspension to axel came loose and fell out. I’m now in Bishop trying to find an auto mechanic who can help. At this point, I’m willing to just get any secure bolt in there so I can get my vehicle home ~300 miles and visit my local mechanic. Any recommendations??!!

Attachments

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Hello. I’ve got a 2014 4Runner that we did some overlanding with just south of Mammoth Lakes over the 4th weekend. While heading back to our campsite, the bolt that holds the lower link suspension to axel came loose and fell out. I’m now in Bishop trying to find an auto mechanic who can help. At this point, I’m willing to just get any secure bolt in there so I can get my vehicle home ~300 miles and visit my local mechanic. Any recommendations??!!
Not sure if there are any hardware stores or auto parts stores near by, but I'd see if you can find something that would fit and hold until you can get the proper hardware if it's not available.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

If you don't have this resolved already, I'd put this in the Distress Call <-> Support thread at:

Mark it 'Help Request - No Danger' and repeat your need for mechanic or willing person.

Right now you're in the thread for Special Needs as in disabilities, ease of access, etc.

attn: @Jim SoG

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Gooooooogle lists 3 auto places in Bishop.

Mr K Automotive
4.6 (61) · Auto repair shop
7+ years in business · 175 Grove St · (760) 873-7149
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
"PS: Avoid A&L Auto Center if you can."

Website

Directions

Warren's Auto Repair
5.0 (47) · Auto repair shop
7+ years in business · 156 Short St · (760) 873-8284
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
"I'd recommend this shop for your auto repairs."