Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Is anyone going to this event in March?

https://rawhyde-offroad.com/events/a...s-overlanding/

Has anyone been before?

It looks like they are trying to make it a combination event for Moto folks and Overlanding folks. It seems a bit pricy, but with everything that's included it seems about the same cost as what we paid for Overland Expo's premium package in 2018.

We are really focusing on trying to get the van completed by the end of 2020 and I'm hoping that attending some of these events will help to finalize a plan for the rest of the build.

Reactions: WrightRunner

Roamoverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clallam County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Weld
Member #

I went with a buddy last year and it was fun and educational. There is an obstacle course there and Land Rover had one of their guys guiding/giving driving advice to new drivers. I am not a new 4x4 driver but now that I have a full size rig it is different with a long wheel base so it was nice to practice in a controlled environment.There are lots of activities, drives, and workshops to attend. Food is included as well as some adult beverage tickets for the bar. Live music and lots of off-road motorcycle and overland vendors. I did not think I overpaid for what I got out of the weekend.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Thanks for the response. I've gotten similar feedback on a couple of other forums & I've decided to go this year.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
A buddy just bought a used bike and he is a new riders so I am talking him into going and I will take my van and be base camp.

Reactions: HIALT2D