Ram mount question

• HTML tutorial

mattd

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seems to be Ram mount is the most popular solution for overlanding and mounting devices and I am interested in there mounts. I buy alot from Amazon and its my preferred method to shop online. The problem is reading reviews some people are claiming the mounts coming from "Ram Mount "the seller are not Genuine and mounts are inferior breaking in weeks of ownership. I contacted Ram on this and they don't sell on amazon but gave me a list of resellers that do. I can't seem to find a way to find these dealers I have never looked up someone by there seller name. Any one had good luck with buying on amazon and from who? Thanks in advance. I have considerd to order from Ram as a solution but with shipping a 50 mount ends up to be 15 dollars more with shipping and a wait of 7 days or more as they customize the orders.

Kingsize

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mont Belvieu, TX
Member #

IMO order directly from Ram, or a ram retailer. They said the same to me about the wait times, but it was at my door in three days anyway. I think they just say that in case there is any problems shipping, or if it actually isn't in stock and needs to be manufacturered. It has been hit or miss with mounts and Amazon. You know when you got a genuine product and when you didn't. It is glaringly obvious. JMHO from purchasing multiple mounts over the years.

20180526_115157.jpg 20180526_115140.jpg 20171003_142640.jpg 20171002_152326.jpg

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
Your concern about getting a knock off RAM from Amazon is overblown IMO. Buy the components from reputable sellers with many customer reviews. You also have the Amazon return policy to protect you if you suspect a fake. I've spent probably way too much on RAM stuff from Amazon over the years and don't feel like I've ever received a knock off...

Reactions: GatorDoc

Kingsize

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mont Belvieu, TX
Member #

Thanks for the retailer name on Amazon. It's hard to know which ones to trust then you've been burned. I've bought from reputable sellers before and received fake product. Amazon was quick to make good on it, and even allowed us to keep the bad product, and send it in to RAM for them to look at. Had the same once with an IPad case that was supposed to be a Otter Box brand. It was a knockoff, and was also sent in to them to look at.

Another vote for GPS City on Amazon, they have been great.