Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

I’ve been hunting for a roof rack for my Jeep JLU to no end because I have the soft top. Gobi makes one to the tune of $2K, with no real idea of how long I’ll be waiting, but it seems that over the last year SOMEONE would have stepped in by now. I can’t seem to find a single one! Does anyone know of anything? I’m stuck in my build because of this, and could really use the collective brainpower of the group. Thanks!!

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

I couldn't find one for my pickup with softtop, so i built one
I wish I had those skills! I’m a leather worker and durable goods maker. I can make bags for the racks, but something tells me a leather rack wouldn’t work too well... hahaha

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

I am not 100% sure on the JL but I know on the JK if you want to use the sunrider you need a cage rack that's on the outside of the soft top frame. If not, then you will have to have the top complete up or complete down, no flip back.

Reactions: Yankeewoodsman

Yankeewoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Cheshire, CT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Polaski
Member #

I am not 100% sure on the JL but I know on the JK if you want to use the sunrider you need a cage rack that's on the outside of the soft top frame. If not, then you will have to have the top complete up or complete down, no flip back.
Yeah, I may just have to go with a Gobi because of all of that. Or buy a hard top to go with any other option. Thanks!