US Rocky Mountain Quarantine Social Distance Rigs and Roasts!

• HTML tutorial

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Inwood, Iowa, United States
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Let's break the monotony of staying indoors and away from others and have a rigs and roasts get together! Bring your rig, grab some coffee, and enjoy some conversation from afar with fellow like-minded individuals and talk shop or trips for this upcoming summer!

View Rally Point

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Let's break the monotony of staying indoors and away from others and have a rigs and roasts get together! Bring your rig, grab some coffee, and enjoy some conversation from afar with fellow like-minded individuals and talk shop or trips for this upcoming summer!
Looks like a ZR2... diesel or gas? How's it holding up and are you liking it on the trails?

Reactions: Mr. Nelson

SoDak4Runner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sioux Falls
First Name
Roman
Last Name
Pham
Shoot guys! I'll be out of town when this event is happening! Bummer! Although, I would like to meet you guys, as I am new to the overland world. If you guys could start a conversation with me, or contact me, that would be awesome to meet you!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Working within the local rules, absolutely, right on, wish I was a thousand miles closer.

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
@GrumpyOverland it is a glasser and a Bison! I love this truck and very happy with its performance. I have had it out in the Black Hills this past October and enjoyed every minute of it. This spring I went puddle hopping up Northwest of Salem and had less issues getting through than my father in his side by side.

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Glad this is getting a positive response so promptly! This should be a good event, and hopefully a great turnout! I can't wait to meet some of you next weekend.

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
@Zog no worries brother, we have a whole summer to get it worked out. I do have a trip in the Black Hills I want to see if we can get a large group to attend. I know the west side of the state is on board, just gotta see if we can work out a weekend far enough in advance to work for the rigs on the east side of the state.

Reactions: 86burban

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Here is a local Facebook group I created to talk about meetings/events for Rigs and Roasts. It is for the greater South Dakota area, by all means, please join!

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Looks like a little bit more rain, but it clears up around 9:00, just in time! Can't wait to meet some new people this morning and see some cool rigs!

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
Despite iffy weather we still had a turn out of a couple people and their rigs! I want to say thank you to those that showed up, and hopefully June we can get some more rigs added to the bunch!

Attachments