Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I was there last month. I love the place there are a couple of places to camp besides the point ,north there too. You'll have a great time. Do the drive north to the Punta San Jose road, It is really pretty.

Reactions: Jenoutside

Risco family adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hillsboro, OR, USA
First Name
Willy
Last Name
Risco
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy ret
We are planning a trip to Baja this summer late June or early July 2019, perhaps we can meet up in Baja or somewhere in California prior to entering I wouldn’t mind doing some kind of convoy. Let me know if you’re interested there is five of us.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Go in July It stays foggy in June, the later the better the weather.

Jenoutside

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Jen
Last Name
Kemp
Thanks everyone for your replies I appreciate it. We are set to go next week because of how are schedules are but eager to explore more terrain as well as familiar places too.

Jenoutside

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Jen
Last Name
Kemp
We are planning a trip to Baja this summer late June or early July 2019, perhaps we can meet up in Baja or somewhere in California prior to entering I wouldn’t mind doing some kind of convoy. Let me know if you’re interested there is five of us.
Happy to share our experiences there if we don't go at the same time. We've been twice in the last year

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Go to Coyote Cals and ask for directions to the bat cave, it's to the south.
There are lots of tide pools to poke around, get a book on tidetool of the pacific, it will help you know what you are looking at.
You can camp at Cabras.
South of where the tecate road hit 1 there is a small town (El Sauzal) there are 2 great taco stands. The First is the the first stand on the left, (by the yellow key stand) get their Fish or Shrimp tacos. Second one is also on the left it's orange and black, Taqueria El Trailero Reforma They are open late and offer all kinds of tacos very good. Make a uturn at the light by the gas station.
In Ensenada just past the Bahai Hotel, First street on the south side there is a seafood cocktail stand, it's alway coweded and very good.
There is lots of fishing off the rocks or you can get a panga at Castros.
We tend to walk along the beach and tide pools.
you can drive both north or south along the beaches and come out to the highway. Most of the big roads will wind up at the highway.
Go and explore it

Jenoutside

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Jen
Last Name
Kemp
Baja was really great this time. We went as far south as Punta Colonet and over towards the beach on unmarked roads with the help of Gaia instead of Google maps. Found some gems some people were camping on the hills right above the beach. They were from San Diego. We felt safe having others in the vicinity but also completely had separation and privacy. We did go to Punta Cabras. Beautiful spot but there was a festival going on (we went during summer solstice) so a huge group had rented it out for the entire weekend so we saw the area but had to turn around and leave. Surfed at San Miguel and enjoyed a day there (really windy but nice) we had a great time camping all around and also had a couple nights in beautiful hotels on the beach. Good mix and our son enjoyed the pool days

Attachments

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I am glad you found the bat cave! I love that area. I have going there for years and it has changed quite a bit, the houses along the beach to the cinder cone weren't there when we started going there (south of Erendira). It' close yet so so far way from the world.

Jenoutside

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Jen
Last Name
Kemp
I am glad you found the bat cave! I love that area. I have going there for years and it has changed quite a bit, the houses along the beach to the cinder cone weren't there when we started going there (south of Erendira). It' close yet so so far way from the world.
Such a great spot [emoji108] no one else was on the beach! Did notice the house on top set back. We camped on the bluff /hill where that small 6 bedroom "hotel" is a little farther down.

Reactions: MMc