Pros VS Cons to Truck Cab vs RTT

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Nor Cal
Hey all!

Before I invest anymore money into my truck. I want to make sure I am going the right direction with it. I own a Chevy Silverado. You guys have way more experience in this than I do. and hopefully can give me some good advice.

Can you please give me pro VS cons to Truck Cab vs RTT. I really want to add a fridge to my truck but if I were to get the decked drawers that might limit me from having a fridge. I can't afford a trailer to add all the amenities to it at the moment.

Thanks!

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I have actually don't all of what your asking....

Truck cap: there are a lot of pros to a truck cap but there are also negatives.. I loved my shell but with my bed only being 5.5ft it made it hard t sleep inside of it. you can get a fridge slide that angles down. alucab makes one and so do a few others that way you can get the decked drawers and still access the fridge. one downside is that depending on how much gear you carry you will have to pull it out every evening when you want to sleep. RTT are nice but once you set up camp its kid of a PITA to put away if you want to go on a trial run.

hope that helps...