• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Hey all so im on the hunt for a srt10 ram single cab that has been wrecked.
I want to make a prerunner version of the fastest production truck ever made.
wanna go from this
untitled.png

to this
0811or_09_z+atomic_motorsports_mid_travel_ifs_system+dodge_2wd_front_view.jpg

think it will be a fun project and technically itll still be an overlander as it is gonna be built for going over the land rofl
thinking of a real name along the lines of
Viper Runner
Death Adder
Poisonous
Pit Viper

Last edited:

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Not exactly overland, but as always on OB... You sure can overland with it.

My only feedback... "Poisonous" is not a great name IMO. To me that says you would inflict damage on whatever ate you. If you are going for aggressive snake related name, how about "Venomous" #minorvocabularygripe

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Not exactly overland, but as always on OB... You sure can overland with it.

My only feedback... "Poisonous" is not a great name IMO. To me that says you would inflict damage on whatever ate you. If you are going for aggressive snake related name, how about "Venomous" #minorvocabularygripe
too many venomous srt10 that's what everyone uses. since this is gonna be a completely unique build I figured a unique name is in order.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

found the tire carrier im gonna go with unless the truck I find has a bent frame, in which case ill cut the frame rails off behind the cab and make a fully custom cage

mount_out_26a.jpg

SOIDA24V

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ferndale, WA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tilton
Member #

Are you planning on a back half trailing arm 4 link and sway bar with coilovers and bypass or stock frame rails with deaver underslung leafs and 5 bypass? Are you building the rear axle truss or swapping in a custom 9inch housing? Cage interior or just bed cage.?How much travel front and rear are you looking for? Are you going to build it to pass bitd or score or other off-road race regulations? I also enjoy prerunners

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Are you planning on a back half trailing arm 4 link and sway bar with coilovers and bypass or stock frame rails with deaver underslung leafs and 5 bypass? Are you building the rear axle truss or swapping in a custom 9inch housing? Cage interior or just bed cage.?How much travel front and rear are you looking for? Are you going to build it to pass bitd or score or other off-road race regulations? I also enjoy prerunners
Depends in the condition of the truck i find.
If rear end is jacked up yes ill back half trailing arm 4 link and the works
Otherwise deaver leafs and bypasses
Rear end depends on money. Would like to swap in a beefy 9 inch but will prolly end up trussing and beefing up the stock rear end.
Cage interior and bed cage as well.
My buddy is being very ambitious and says we should shoot for 20 front and close to 30 rear. Id be happy with 15 front and 24 rear.
Yes it will be a score approved rig since the ridgecrest 200 is literally my backyard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

thinking of a real name along the lines of
Viper Runner
Death Adder
Poisonous
Pit Viper
I had one of these for about 9 months. LOVED IT, but lost it :/

What about Kingsnake …you know, because the Mexican Black Kingsnake being from Mexico (out in the desert where most prerunners compete), where Saltillo is, where the SRT 10 was assembled and of course a bit of an homage to the TNT 'KING SNAKE' Viper GTS. Also a truck with a Viper engine could be considered king of the road. lol…ok, I've gone too far. Forget everything I just said...

This is better. :tearsofjoy:

Honestly though, I think you would be smarter to just buy a newer used Raptor. :grimacing: (just an idea, no offense :)

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

ahaha no I like Kingsnake that's pretty cool!! when I get the truck and start building ill post a name my rig thread lol and let the community vote on some names

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

hahaha theres few nice ones in so cal for decent prices(15-18k) but they are too nice for what im trying to do. im thinking of the srt10 like a 68-70 charger, I don't want to create the ultimate sin in the eyes of the pure of heart srt10 gods by "destroying" a perfectly good srt10 when I could take a wrecked one and make what I want so much easier.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I would love to do something like this for sure!
040-solo-king-currie-back-half-suspension-finished.jpg

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

did some pricing today.
found some 55" length trailing arms for 1700 bucks from ruffstuff
a fully built ford 9" with 4.56 gears and spool for 1900 bucks
and then priced out the rear shocks which are right around 7k
priced out steel for the cage and for a back half cage
bed cage is about 200 bucks in steel
back half is around 700 for all the steel

im so excited to start this build now if only I could find a truck lol

SOIDA24V

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ferndale, WA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tilton
Member #

did some pricing today.
found some 55" length trailing arms for 1700 bucks from ruffstuff
a fully built ford 9" with 4.56 gears and spool for 1900 bucks
and then priced out the rear shocks which are right around 7k
priced out steel for the cage and for a back half cage
bed cage is about 200 bucks in steel
back half is around 700 for all the steel

im so excited to start this build now if only I could find a truck lol
For the nine inch you could get one out of a late 70s f150 they mostly have 31 spline shafts and are cheap to truss. I would recommend doing the large pinion yoke but to fully build one badass you'd be done for around 600 give or take with getting the complete axle. Very strong. Ruff stuff makes awesome parts. Start with the deaver setup to get playing and decide from there. Will be a sweet build

Sent from my SM-T377V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

For the nine inch you could get one out of a late 70s f150 they mostly have 31 spline shafts and are cheap to truss. I would recommend doing the large pinion yoke but to fully build one badass you'd be done for around 600 give or take with getting the complete axle. Very strong. Ruff stuff makes awesome parts. Start with the deaver setup to get playing and decide from there. Will be a sweet build

Sent from my SM-T377V using OB Talk mobile app
yea considering ill be on a pretty good size budget till I get my degree and start making the good money I prolly will go with the deavers for a while since deavers are a lot cheaper, but depends on the coniditon of the truck I get, if the rear end is jacked ill just start by slowly building the cage. I got to many projects but this is gonna be number 1 soon as I get back home.

Reactions: SOIDA24V