Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Welcome to the first trip for the Tri-Valley area meet up! This trip has limited space due to the camping area of Prewitt Ridge on Friday night. The views are stunning and dramatic sitting up 3000 feet above the Pacific Ocean. However these camping sites are scattered around with only a few locations that can hold multiple rigs. It is dispersed camping with a requirement to leave it better than we find it, including the requirement to pack out human waste.

Saturday night dispersed camping in The Indians area

Dates-
Depart 12pm January 31st
Return Feb 2nd

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Thomas B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clara, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GUK
Looks like a great trip!! Unfortunately I’ll miss this one as I’m away for work. But looking forward to the next meet up on the 12th.

Reactions: PapaDave

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Prewitt ridge is one of my favorite places on the coast between SF and Santa Barbara, so I'm in! I'm not sure if it'll be me and the kid or me, kiddo and my partner (and her truck). I'm not familiar with the Indian hills area at all, so this should be fun...

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Looks like fun! Hopefully the weather agrees with you-- small technicality, if you're planning on hitting the east side of big sur out by fort hunter ligget and old milpitas road, the area is known simply as "The Indians". Be sure to explore the wagonwheel caves area!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I'm interested, but can the trail accommodate a 4WD with an offroad trailer (Conqueror 490)?
Yup, you’ll be fine. I’m actually just coming back from prerunning the rest of the route and stopped in Morgan Hill for dinner.

We will hit some steep climbs and descents just past Mission San Antonio on a fun detour with a killer 360 degree view of the whole range. Camping Saturday will be easier with a trailer as our camping options are more spacious than Prewitt Ridge.

boz4rnr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6BOZ
Bummer - looks like it’s all booked out/full. Maybe next time!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just opened up some additional spots for the trip

I pre-ran the trail yesterday and for Saturday we will climb up to an astounding 360 view. First shot is the view and area around it
385AE18D-291E-4019-B93C-68EB9D674A88.jpegF20F91B4-53CB-443F-BB34-8A0C44E28B3F.jpeg6A17AA5C-3C40-42FC-95D0-66B746C2873C.jpeg

Last edited: