Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
What do you use to hold water and pressurize it? I hunt at a Lease that has no running water or electricity. I'd like to have a pressurized water system to assist when cleaning up after I've killed a deer or hog. I have some ideas but know my new Overland friends probably have some good ideas without me having to experiment with several to find out what works best. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I have a Road Shower mounted inside my truck camper. There are different sizes available. Most people mount them externally and use them for showers. I use it more for camp cleanup. So, I don’t worry about losing the solar benefit (black/sun = warm water)

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
That Road Shower looks like it would do the trick, why does everything have to be so expensive though! Nice thing about it is it will server 2 purposes, water pressure for when I go hunting and camping.

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I hear you. A lot of people make their own for the outside Shower thing, but this is well built and the vendor also has accessories etc. I decided to suck it up and focus my DIY time elsewhere ...

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Just remember you’ll need an onboard air compressor solution to use it. You can see my ARB unit in blue just below it

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Started Googling solutions and came up with this, it's a 12V 5.5 GPM pump that I can connect to my own water source. Any homemade solutions out there using something like this?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Give this a try. Pretty cheap and it works great!
Aquabot

I use it to rinse dishes and quick showers. With a few pumps you get really good pressure. Also easy to heat up a small qty of water if you want a warm/hot shower.

I know a few folks who like this one as well: Nemo Helio

Reactions: NV Badlands

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Front runner water tank running to a Sureflo 1.5 gpm pump is as good as home. You can T it to a propane water heater to have hot water too.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
This system works great outdoors. You can use a small 12v battery or your vehicle to power the pump.
Not pressured air but sufficient water pressure out of the shower.

Reliance 7gal water tank
Eccotemp L5 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
Cabelas 12-Volt Prong-Top Rechargeable Battery
Eccotemp EccoFlo Triplex Diaphragm 12V Water Pump and Strainer
This is the kind of system I'm leaning towards. I already have a couple Reliance 7 gal water tanks. I'll probably find a deep cycle marine battery to serve as power. I'll have to poke around the forum for some solar solutions to keep the batter charged. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feel free to chime in if you think of something better!

Last edited:

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Check out marine washdown pumps, shurflo, flojet. They work great, that’s what I use for my system. I use a 5 gal bladder in a milk crate from Walmart that I can take out and fill anywhere. Leave in the sun for a warm shower.The whole system was under $200. My Wife thought it was really stupid until she started using it now she says it was the best thing I ever installed in the truck. Living in Fl. we can stop at any beach, take a swim , get out and rinse off the saltwater and SAND, and back on the road. Pressurized water is really handy. I can even get back to the campsite and wash the truck down.

Attachments

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
This is the kind of system I'm leaning towards. I already have a couple Reliance 7 gal water tanks. I'll probably find a deep cycle marine battery to server as power. I'll have to poke around the forum for some solar solutions to keep the batter charged. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feel free to chime in if you think of something better!
That little battery I posted, you’ll get a lot of use out of that without having to look for a huge heavy 12 V marine battery

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
That little battery I posted, you’ll get a lot of use out of that without having to look for a huge heavy 12 V marine battery
I'm very familiar with those batteries since I hunt and have feeders and cameras I power with those batteries. Long term I plan to get a portable refrigerator so that is why I'm looking at getting a AGM deep cycle battery. I want a second battery to handle all my camping needs, be charged by the vehicle alternator and be able to be charged with solar too. I'm researching dual battery installations now. Hunting starts in the fall so hoping to be much better prepared to spend more days in the deep woods with nothing but portable power!

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

What does a 12v water system have to do with a huge heavy marine battery? Because it is a marine pump? Sorry incorrect it will work on any 12v system , you can even plug them into a cigarette lighter socket

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I think this thread solved my current dual battery power problem, I like this solution way better. This will power a portable fridge and water pump as well as other things. First I'll get it and then I'll look for a good solar charger to keep it charged while out camping!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm thinking of buying/adapting this: 12V Spot Sprayer 25 Gallon Tank (Charges to Vehicle Battery) Garden Yard Lawn | eBay

Or something like it.

use the tankless propane water heater for showers now...

Jim
I've thought about that too, was looking at them at Tractor Supply in the past. I'd like to find a low profile water source that I can mount on my Diamondback cover. I'm seriously thinking about the 6" PVC Pipe option and then using a 12V on demand water pump like a camper has.

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
Years ago I bought a heat exchanger, a copper tube with another copper tube inside it so it is a heat exchanger. Has inlet of one end and outlet on the other. You put a hose into a bucket of water, stream, etc., and pump sucked up water with a 12 volt pump through it and out into a shower hose and spray down. Uses the dash heater settings for warmer or colder. The company that made it was in CA but is now out of business.
Easy, versatile, always there.
Does anyone know of a company that makes such a device today?