Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Would anyone be interested in helping to plan a weekend trip to Bald Eagle or Michaux? I was thinking doing something during the summer and to get out and meet everyone and have a nice enjoyable weekend. I've only been to Bald Eagle once and we stayed at Bald Eagle State Park.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Michael947

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cornwall, NY
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Egan
Member #

If you are thinking about the Eastern half of PA I'd be interested... I'm doing a Jeep Jamboree in Coal Mtn Springs in late April, camping with the kids at Hickory Run in Jul and I frequent Rausch Creek. I'd love to get out and do some proper overland camping this year.

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

Planning a trip end of February. How are the 4x4 trails now? Are they drivable?

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
20200125_124000.jpg20200125_133413.jpg20200125_134801.jpg
This was trail conditions last weekend.

That is ICE.

we have had warm days with over night temps above freezing, so most all is gone now.

But, February is our worst and most unpredictable month. Now way to guess what they will look like then.

I am planning a trek from Rothrock to Bald Eagle to scout campsites. Hoping sometime in March...want to get there sooner

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

Thanks for the input!!! I'll push my trip to March or April then. This normal dirt road, can't imagine how challenging trails will be, probably worse

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Trail report for Bald Eagle...snowy slush and mud. Note how the area doesn't have a snow accumulation but the roads have about 2 inches.

20200201_171508.jpg20200201_163837.jpg20200201_165054.jpg20200201_170129.jpg

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Interesting. I have no idea how those pictures came out like that. They do not look like that on my phone and I didn't take any pictures of RAM trucks at a gas station.

Last edited:
Reactions: diabetiktaco

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Never been to bald eagle but it’s always been on my list. I wouldn’t be able to help plan anything but I would love to attend a weekend of exploring bald eagle or any other spot in that area

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
Has there been an Overland Boumd Meetup in the area before.

I have been reading some of the other area meetups and trail rides. Gathering ideas.

I got a few threads started trying to gather a member base who are intrested.

Looks like most plan around a restaurant and a simple trail ride. The state Forests limit the number of people in a group.

But an interesting thing about Bald Eagle is that it has a few sections divided by state roads

You got bellow 45.

Then Between 45 and 192.

Then 192 to interstate 80.(have heard north of I80 isn't real interested in overlanders)

So if we just got a few members we could go where ever...but if we got too many we could split the groups to an area and enjoy a smaller group.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: tacoclifford

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

Thry
Has there been an Overland Boumd Meetup in the area before.

I have been reading some of the other area meetups and trail rides. Gathering ideas.

I got a few threads started trying to gather a member base who are intrested.

Looks like most plan around a restaurant and a simple trail ride. The state Forests limit the number of people in a group.

But an interesting thing about Bald Eagle is that it has a few sections divided by state roads

You got bellow 45.

Then Between 45 and 192.

Then 192 to interstate 80.(have heard north of I80 isn't real interested in overlanders)

So if we just got a few members we could go where ever...but if we got too many we could split the groups to an area and enjoy a smaller group.

Just my thoughts.
They have group camping too. But you have to call to reserve. There's only one site for groups. I can't imagine there will be more than 10 participants but its not a show stopper if its a large group. They require at least 4 weeks ahead of time to call in.