Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clark County, Washington, United States
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Quenton
Member #

Hi everyone! Glad to be here. Not much overlanding experience outside of camping. Slowly starting to rebuild the 80 series I have. This beast is stock, for now and has some miles on it, most of which put on from family adventures and looking to keep it going with some improvements/mods along the way. Looking forward to getting out on the trails and joining in on some meet ups and eventually trail runs. Trail, camping and any other recommendations/advice are welcome.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound, @CHEESY-POOF-MAN. Portland is a great place for anyone interested in overlanding, so you are in for a lot of adventure. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the other threads in this section, the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link], for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”.

If you can make it, we have a meetup scheduled for next Monday, January 28th, at the Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que - Cascade Station in Portland [link]. It would be great to have you come out!

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

CHEESY-POOF-MAN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Miles
Last Name
Quenton
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, @CHEESY-POOF-MAN. Portland is a great place for anyone interested in overlanding, so you are in for a lot of adventure. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the other threads in this section, the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link], for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”.

If you can make it, we have a meetup scheduled for next Monday, January 28th, at the Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que - Cascade Station in Portland [link]. It would be great to have you come out!

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. I work the closing shift, but I'll keep my eyes on the forums for meet up dates, I can request days off for the following month at the mid point of the month before, so if it's posted early enough I can get that day off and meet up with everyone. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Jedi

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hi everyone! Glad to be here. Not much overlanding experience outside of camping. Slowly starting to rebuild the 80 series I have. This beast is stock, for now and has some miles on it, most of which put on from family adventures....
For what it’s worth, using your stock SUV to explore & go camping is “overlanding”. All the rest is embellishment, you already have the spirit & I think you’ll realize you’re more experienced than you thought. “Overlanding” has simply given a nice, easy label to what people have been doing for decades. I think it’s great as that, combined with today’s electronic resources, has created great community that was a lot harder to assemble in the past. Portland is a great place to be and OB does an excellent job of embracing the positive aspects of this rapidly growing pastime.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEESY-POOF-MAN

CHEESY-POOF-MAN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Miles
Last Name
Quenton
Member #

This is true [emoji3]. I meant the more technical and heavy duty overlanding and getting more experience in that. Getting together with y'all at meetups and chatting and learning more. And definitely learning more about my vehicle. Convoying out to a location. The journey with that group.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone! Glad to be here. Not much overlanding experience outside of camping. Slowly starting to rebuild the 80 series I have. This beast is stock, for now and has some miles on it, most of which put on from family adventures and looking to keep it going with some improvements/mods along the way. Looking forward to getting out on the trails and joining in on some meet ups and eventually trail runs. Trail, camping and any other recommendations/advice are welcome.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures in the PNW.

Reactions: CHEESY-POOF-MAN