Portable Jump Pack?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I have a quipall brand one I purchased from one of our suppliers at work. I has worked very well for the last 3 years. Just make sure it has sufficient amp output for your needs. Look at the continuous output more than the max output. I have found that if you leave it in the vehicle during the winter I need to charge it about once a month.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I use a Noco GB70. I love this thing! It is overkill for my Jeep but it will also start my Cummins.

Reactions: RedRob

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I bought the Harbor Freight 3 in 1, just like Nef has in the photo a few replies back. I love it and it works great and I got it for under $40 with a coupon. I used it to jump start the lawn mower, jeep, etc and a while back I was running a 1/4 mile of fence and used this to power a 12vdc pump to supply water out of a 55 gal drum to mix concrete. I even take it to craft shows to run a 12vdc fan in the tent.

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

I ordered a jump kit instead of spending the money to install a dual battery system. I figure that due to cost it made the most sense. I’ll use the jump pack more, can put it in various vehicles as necessary and can use it to power items out of the vehicle as needed.

Reactions: Downs

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

NOCO GB70 here, Amazon will run sales on them at about $125, regular price is about $200.

Everything about it is well done, except the sock they give you to store it in, but a proper case can be sourced for about $15

I'm super paranoid about lithium fires, and NOCO has a good reputation. Even if you replaced your oem battery, you're still going to want a jump pack, so I'd buy a good jump pack and get the useful life out of your existing battery.