Plans

• HTML tutorial

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Morning,
I'm a bugger for not keeping my toys - which then spins me in to some form of anxiety as I never see through things I really want to do!

So in an effort to see something through for myself...…

Does anyone fancy a Pyrenees trip?
I'm currently in the mind-frame of why bother, driving off road is slow, boring nothing to do but sit in the Landy etc etc, which in my head is winning the battle but I'm planning to fight back with meeting people who want to do similar things as me and will help me remain motivated and see it through.

So I have a route planned using the Vibraction roadbooks and want to pin a date and go.

Anyone else fancy a pyrenees run??

Date are open for me at the minute

All the best

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Reactions: Mr E

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey @Mr E :)

Living in west Pyrenees, in Biarritz. Please tell me where and when you'd like to plan your trip so at least i can try to help and of course do my best to meet you on the trails.

Actually planning to go to the Monegros desert quite soon (well... My only problem is i sold my jeep wrangler this weekend so now i am naked and need to find a new long wheel based rig).

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
has to be a Land Rover then, surely
Overland is in the name!!!

Would love to meet up, though am now intrigued in you desert trip - any more detail??

Many thanks

Reactions: Polaris Overland

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Sorry, won't be a Land Rover :cry: I had one (1972 serie) for many years and, as the Jeep Wrangler, the beast is iconic, inspiring, incredible, but now i really need to offer my kids and my wife some comfort on the road and reliability and i will buy... A Toyota. Do not punch me :tearsofjoy:

Mine :

Well the Monegros is an incredible desert. Lot of people like the Bardenas and i must admit it is quite amazing, but Monegros are different and maybe 10 times bigger. The plan is to meet a new OB member from Spain in april and to spend 3-4 days exploring there.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

We are actually planning the exact days and @viveen4wd (from Spain) is planning the route. Communication is kind of complicated as he is super busy at the moment but we are making progress. Sort of. Well i told you everything i know so far so... Yes, we still have some work to do :sweatsmile:

Reactions: viveen4wd

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
That is going on the list, it looks amazing!!
Go for a D2 like in the last picture - much more comfy than a defender but will go anywhere you point it.

Make sure you update us with pics from your April trip

Lremoore

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

United Kingdom
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Moore
Member #

We've planned to go to these Pyrenees next year so would be interested in seeing pics and videos, the road book also sounds good, where did you get it from?

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey @Lremoore i don't know if you are talking to me or to Mr E but the best way to discover those areas still is Vibraction roadbooks. They have many routes to choose from and you can mix some. Not working for them, i hope i can post their link here as they are really famous and everybody knows their RB : https://www.vibraction.org

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
We've planned to go to these Pyrenees next year so would be interested in seeing pics and videos, the road book also sounds good, where did you get it from?
A friend of mine created the TET - https://www.transeurotrail.org/ - I've all his maps and more.
Took a long time to build but the resource is phenomenal.

It's geared to bikes, but doable in places for a 4x4 - 90% of UK route is 4x4 friendly

We might be doing Budapest by train this year with the kids, so Pyrenees may be next year

All the best