Plano Owners, Ideas to Use the Tie-Down Ends

• HTML tutorial

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
So I got a couple of plano containers and I am wondering what you folks have done to mount these on your rack using the tie-down ears. I'm currently strapping them down but i like the idea of using the tie-down ears so i can have quick access to my stuff without having to unstrap 4 ratchets. I'm thinking a short ratchet or some quick release on each of these tie-downs so any leads would be great.

Last edited:

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
That looks clean. Way better than my spider web of ratchets. But i can see how you use the ears for.

Right, i won't trust it either. I'm thinking about drilling a hole to have positive hook on the ears. But now I checked on it again and that may compromise the plastic with repeated vibration up top.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I am no longer using these straps. I changed my roof rack and gave the cases to my son.

To get to either case, you only have to undo two buckles and they stay in place on the roof. Very secure when everything is tightened down.

If anyone is interested in buying it, let me know.
The amount I've got in them for just materials is about $45 with all the buckles and webbing.

Dan
310.nine41.five3five9
Text works

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am no longer using these straps. I changed my roof rack and gave the cases to my son.

To get to either case, you only have to undo two buckles and they stay in place on the roof. Very secure when everything is tightened down.

If anyone is interested in buying it, let me know.
The amount I've got in them for just materials is about $45 with all the buckles and webbing.

Dan
310.nine41.five3five9
Text works
What is the model of those cases you are using? I cannot find them on Plano's website. tia!

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

What is tie down ears?

I currently use Plano cases and used ratchet straps, but broke 2 cases when I wheeled a little top fast and hard. I think they weren't strapped down tight enough, never had an issue before.
I plan on getting the same Plano cases, as I haven't found any in that dimension and they fit my tent, tables, and telescoping lights perfectly.
20230425_160116.jpg