PickleJuice's 1999 Lexus LX470

• HTML tutorial

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

IMG_20160502_084844161_HDR.jpg Hey all, haven't done a whole lot to the 'Cruiser, but I'm slowly improving (at least in my opinion).
First bigger mod so far. I took off the bald mall tires and put on some BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2s. I know, lots of people hate steelies, especially ones that aren't painted black. I actually like them this way. Boy, they weigh a ton, but I like how they look. And the ride is quite nice, even though the shop that installed them put 70 psi in them! I need to air down to about 35-40. I have AHC on low and it looks like it'll be okay as far as rubbing goes.

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nice LX I've just become an LX owner less then a month ago.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: picklejuice

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Thanks! Just aired them down to 40psi. Have you noticed a degradation in fuel economy with your steelies? I'm thinking 1 mpg less with the added weight of the steel 18" wheels and 33" tires.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I don't know if I like the silver on the steelies, but I wouldn't go black on your rig. I'd probably match the rocker color to the wheels though. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I'm a fan of the 100 series.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I like your bumper, gives it a presence!

Here's my 2000 L/C, I have the steelies but painted them grey, same tires. Like the combination but the ride is a little worse and the decrease in power is noticeable.
My speedo is almost 10% slow too. 70 mph on the speedo is about 76 actual.

IMG_0566 (2).JPG

Taken at Alabama Hills, Oct. 8, '16

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I like your bumper, gives it a presence!

Here's my 2000 L/C, I have the steelies but painted them grey, same tires. Like the combination but the ride is a little worse and the decrease in power is noticeable.
My speedo is almost 10% slow too. 70 mph on the speedo is about 76 actual.

View attachment 8687

Taken at Alabama Hills, Oct. 8, '16
That's one sexy 100. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: VCeXpedition