• HTML tutorial

Camp Fyah JK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, AZ, USA
Member #

Hey PHX OBers,

• I am in the process of planning a small camping trip from March 29th-April 1st. I wanted to reach out to the crew for some suggestions of camping spots (dispearsed camping areas only since proper campsites have quiet hours earlier in the night and I like to jam with music most of the night). Scenic views are great but not always needed for last min trips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Note: I typically travel north to Payson/Strawberry for camping at Knoll Lake and Woods Canyon lake so some different spots would be ideal.

Frank&Bride

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
Member #

In order to help you better, I am curious on what you are looking to do on the trip. The terrain can vary dramatically and when you are coming opens it to most the areas temp wise.

Based on more info I can help with suggestions.

Also check out www.azoffroad.net for inspirations and trails. They have a YouTube channel as well.

Camp Fyah JK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, AZ, USA
Member #

In order to help you better, I am curious on what you are looking to do on the trip. The terrain can vary dramatically and when you are coming opens it to most the areas temp wise.

Based on more info I can help with suggestions.

Also check out www.azoffroad.net for inspirations and trails. They have a YouTube channel as well.
My bad. I should have mentioned that in the orginal post. Off road trails are always fun since I'm traveling in a jeep. I am in the process of picking up fishing again and just scored a new rod and reel so a lake might be preferred. Other than that some hiking trails are always a plus and my girl is really into bird watching. I'm basically just looking to get out of the city and get back to the outdoors so as long as I'm outside I am good to go.

Frank&Bride

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
Member #

For fishing I would suggest black river, here is an article that describes it better

Black river

There is a variety of access some easy drive some offroad and some by hiking, its beautiful country and not as heavily traveled.

For trails for the jeep pick up the funtreks book for AZ from amazon, I dont know of many off roaders in the state that dont use the book.

Also saguaro and apache lake are good for fishing but crowded and dispersed camping is limited. If you do venture that route there is dispersed camping with less people both NE of roosevelt lake in the tonto forest or north of the town of Superior AZ. (Personally I would pass on this area if you are trying to avoid the crowds).

Camp Fyah JK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tempe, AZ, USA
Member #

Great suggestions bud. I will be looking into these ASAP.

To any other PHX OBers that may have some additional suggestions, any are welcome.