Photos of my custom rear offroad bumper on my Subaru Forester.. made by Leadfoot Offroad in Socal

• HTML tutorial

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
That's pretty rad. I drove a Subaru for a lot of years and never did all that to it! Lots of dirt road miles though.

How is the gearing on that? I always felt like I never had low enough gears on my 2003 5 speed.

-M

Reactions: HudsonZRoamer

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

That's pretty rad. I drove a Subaru for a lot of years and never did all that to it! Lots of dirt road miles though.

How is the gearing on that? I always felt like I never had low enough gears on my 2003 5 speed.

-M
Your first mistake is getting a 5 speed haha jk ;) I have an auto trans turbo engine..I love it.. I would love a low range though other than that its very capable.

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
Your first mistake is getting a 5 speed haha jk ;) I have an auto trans turbo engine..I love it.. I would love a low range though other than that its very capable.
My sister has an outback with the CVT. I wonder if that's better.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

That is some of the reason I just sold my 2008 Outback 2.5XT 5MT. Hitting some steep rocky trails, I couldn't go slow enough without slipping the clutch. That was the first time in my life I ever wished I was in an automatic! Or the Australian Outback's 2-speed transaxle.

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
That is some of the reason I just sold my 2008 Outback 2.5XT 5MT. Hitting some steep rocky trails, I couldn't go slow enough without slipping the clutch. That was the first time in my life I ever wished I was in an automatic! Or the Australian Outback's 2-speed transaxle.
Do they still have the two speed in Australia? I know you could get that here in the Loyal, but not anything newer. Gearing really is the biggest limitation of a Subaru.
-M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Blown away by the attention to detail and build quality leadfootoffroad has delivered to my Foz. (Yes I know I need new mufflers) Proud to be the first SH in the US with this kind of steel rear off-road bumper build. @leadfootoffroad does plan to convert this build to be easily adapted to future Subaru Forester builds. Contact them for build out quotes and general questions regarding this build. I will try my best to answer all your questions regarding this build. This is 3/16" steel and added only about 150lbs of total weight to the rear. Up will be the front bumper..

Rear Bumper Subaru Forester

Raised

FullSizeRender 2

FullSizeRender 5
Wow! That is BA! I love this!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Do they still have the two speed in Australia?
I think the last was in either the first or second generation Outback, but I could be completely wrong. Mine was the third generation, and I know early on, folks were looking what would be needed to make the swap if they could import a 2-speed from an earlier generation.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

How bright are those square bumper lights?

I have a set at home and would like to see some nightshots with them on if possible (front and rear lights please)

Toner2u

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Bustos
Any possible way to get that in the states?