Photography | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Photography

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Mustang03

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Have dove into photography past two months and am hooked. Have a Sony a7c and a 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f2.8 for it. Can’t wait to keep capturing. I never realized how much photography could make you just stop and look around. Go slower. Look for light. It’s addicting. Some of my favorite shots so far…
That first photo (backlit trees in bands) is spectacular, photography contest material! Very, very nice! The one of the youngster with the pumpkin is also nice - it's a portrait worth keeping. Also a fan of the raindrops on the Toyota... Anyway, very nice stuff -- keep shooting by all means!

Mustang03

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Is that mist on the water? A very nice effect indeed with the tree reflecting through it.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Supporter

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
That first photo (backlit trees in bands) is spectacular, photography contest material! Very, very nice! The one of the youngster with the pumpkin is also nice - it's a portrait worth keeping. Also a fan of the raindrops on the Toyota... Anyway, very nice stuff -- keep shooting by all means!
Thank you! Will keep going for sure!

Etoimos

Rank V

Member III

Peyton, CO
Member #

I shoot a lot of different stuff from editorial content to commercial promotional images. I do way more product photography than I like to, but it pays the most bills. My preference is travel and travel portraiture. Also editorial imagery as I enjoy the challenge of visual story telling with a wide variety of images for one project....
Really awesome photographs man.

Etoimos

Rank V

Member III

Peyton, CO
Member #

And finally, some overlanding type images...

And this last one is an outtake from when I was setting up a "selfie" of my son and I. I did not know he had done this until I processed the images about week or two later. It's one of my favorite family photos. lol

J_Walker1977

Rank 0

Contributor I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker
And finally, some overlanding type images...

And this last one is an outtake from when I was setting up a "selfie" of my son and I. I did not know he had done this until I processed the images about week or two later. It's one of my favorite family photos. lol

All nice shots, what are you shooting with?

maviccbr

Rank IV
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

aaronq

Rank I

Contributor III

Commerce City, CO, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Quinn
Service Branch
USAF
Dang, lots of great photography in this thread.

I’ve been using a camera since the mid ‘80s when I stared with my dads Nikkormat and the ever so fantastic nifty fifty and I’m still trying to figure it out…

Flickr
@aaronq_photos on the hated insta
@aaronq on @glass

Etoimos

Rank V

Member III

Peyton, CO
Member #

600mm 1.2 LOL Amazing. What lens really. That is money.
Zim
Thanks Zim. My eagle photos were shot on a mix of Canon L lenses; 70-200 F2.8, 100-400 F4, and a 500 F4. All were shot with a Canon 20D body, so there is a 1.6 crop factor on all of those. Some even had a 1.4TC added to that. If you are interested, you can check out more of my eagle photos along with the setup/settings I used on my site. I'll leave you with a shot of Crazy Ed...

North American Sojourner

Rank IV
Adventure

Contributor III

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Thanks Zim. My eagle photos were shot on a mix of Canon L lenses; 70-200 F2.8, 100-400 F4, and a 500 F4. All were shot with a Canon 20D body, so there is a 1.6 crop factor on all of those. Some even had a 1.4TC added to that. If you are interested, you can check out more of my eagle photos along with the setup/settings I used on my site. I'll leave you with a shot of Crazy Ed...

Thank you so much. We saw 4 Eagles at the Current River State Park in Missouri, and all I had was a 135. LOL I'm working hard to get a good lens for next year.
Thanks again.
Zim

Desert Runner

Rank VII

Builder I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thank you so much. We saw 4 Eagles at the Current River State Park in Missouri, and all I had was a 135. LOL I'm working hard to get a good lens for next year.
Thanks again.
Zim
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When on a work trip to Alaska, after entering thru the USA/Canadian border. I drove thru the 'valley of the eagles' on the way to Juneau. I must have seen almost a dozen. Fishing, hanging out in the trees, and just flying over the lake. It was spectacular and a real camera would have done justice to the memory I have. At the time, phone cameras were not the marvels they are now, but a SLR would have properly captured the scene. The above wildlife photos are spectacular. Thank you all for sharing.