Los Lunas, NM, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Ridley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADR
Gimp is very cool. I use it but its not the only tool I use. The draw back is that it is a destructive editor which can add to frustration when your doing complex operations. Another area it lacks is the ability to do batch editing/import/export without becoming a computer coding ninja.

On 1 Photo Raw is a program I've been using lately and I've been pretty happy with it. It's a lot like as if photoshop and Lightroom we're mashed together.

For Video editing I love Davinci Reslove and I will swear by it. But be warned you'll want some serious horse power to run it on any machine.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Aaron Ridley, look at BIMP for batch work. It is a plug-in for GIMP.

Haven't used it much yet, but it looks pretty solid, and recommended in the forums.

AaronRidley

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Lunas, NM, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Ridley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADR
Aaron Ridley, look at BIMP for batch work. It is a plug-in for GIMP.

Haven't used it much yet, but it looks pretty solid, and recommended in the forums.
I remember something about that plug in. Your right though GIMP is recommended and it is very good at what it does. It all just depends on your workflow process. I mostly use it for my IG collage.
For me color correction and management is easier in a program that’s designed to work with hundred of raw photos all at once as well as being able to organize all of them seamlessly.
Once my photos are color graded and in good shape I then import them into Gimp and arrange and crops them for IG. That’s just my process for editing photos to achieve the results I get for the style I want.

Reactions: keith.gowan