Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Preparing a Pizza to be cooked in a dutch oven Ironically I have a video showing the process of cooking but, when we were done cooking we forgot to take pictures before eating it... It taste great though and is fun and easy to do.

Pizza.jpg

Pizza cooking in a Dutch oven..

20180902_195355.jpg

We also do Shabu Shabu when camping in a dutch oven but, I only have photos when doing it at home... This is cooking in boiling water. Very thin sliced (1/8inch) beef, pork, shrimp, Bok choy, Napa cabbage, green onion, Zucchini, shiitake mushroom, Kombucha squash, Inoki mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, Asparagus and what ever else you can think of. Dip it in the hot water until it is done to your satisfaction seconds or maybe a minute depending on what you are cooking. then dip it in a ponzu or sesame sauce and eat... It is a cook and eat and cook and eat dish.

Crop5169.jpg

How about a photo of other exotic meals while camping...

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Isn’t it funny that this thread is quiet for long stretches and then really active for a short bit, and then goes quiet again? Anyway since there was no new challenge, how about a photo of your most recent campsite.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Isn’t it funny that this thread is quiet for long stretches and then really active for a short bit, and then goes quiet again? Anyway since there was no new challenge, how about a photo of your most recent campsite.
Hummer_camp.jpg

Let's see your most interesting shot of duct tape, bailing wire, or some other hack that saved the day.