• HTML tutorial

Rob_8bf105

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Gardner
Finally got around to installing my bulletpoint mounting base and arms to hold my phone and tablet. Im not sure on what holder i should go for? The ones from bulletpoint, Ram mounts or 67 designs. Anyone have feedback on what they like?
It's been a while. But get quadlock. You won't regret it. I run them on everything now.

Reactions: M Rose

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I have the RAM snap in type and it works great. It's tight and feels like it's going to break the ipad glass but it works.
Zim
Setup in the Tacoma was this.
IMG-0417.JPG

And now I fabricated a dash mount for the F250 using the big ball and same ipad mount.

65470455334--13D18A15-9451-405F-AFD8-BF7BC9A6326E.JPG

Reactions: MazeVX

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Got the tablet mount and arm from Bullet Point, arm is super strong and does not move, the ball joint on the tablet end is fine for highway use, but no match for off road trails, no matter how much you tighten the nut, it tilts down slowly over bumps and the tablet slowly slides out one side or the other, last trip both the nut and the connection to the tablet broke. First item from Bullet Point I have not liked. Going back to the RAM mount TAB Tight holder, its a bit bulky but will take a tablet in a case and hold it securely.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have the RAM snap in type and it works great. It's tight and feels like it's going to break the ipad glass but it works.
Zim
Setup in the Tacoma was this.
And now I fabricated a dash mount for the F250 using the big ball and same ipad mount.
Have the RAM tablet mount and really dislike it because it is so tight. Yep it holds well but I fear breaking the iPad every time I insert or remove it. Agree that the larger RAM ball (C size?) is a requirement for a full size tablet.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Have the RAM tablet mount and really dislike it because it is so tight. Yep it holds well but I fear breaking the iPad every time I insert or remove it. Agree that the larger RAM ball (C size?) is a requirement for a full size tablet.
I use an XGrip for my iPad. It wiggles a bit on rough washboards, but has never slipped. It has the 1” balls.

4CB65548-0885-414A-BDE6-3AE7657D3748.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It's been a while. But get quadlock. You won't regret it. I run them on everything now.
I started using QuadLock mounts for my bicycle last year. After finding out how secure the mount is, I have added their mounts to all of my rigs, and have upgraded to the new MagCase. Combined with the Lido IC7100 mount for my armature radio, this is by far the best setup I have yet to come a crossed.

Buck_f0d2b7

Rank IV

Member I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Bybee
Member #

Finally got around to installing my bulletpoint mounting base and arms to hold my phone and tablet. Im not sure on what holder i should go for? The ones from bulletpoint, Ram mounts or 67 designs. Anyone have feedback on what they like?
I have the 67D on the 20mm ball the 55 series and love it!!! It stays where you mount it. Did have to switch from the clamp mount for the iPhone to the magnetic mount as it was too dang hard to get out of the clamp with out messing up the mounting arm location. I also have the mini iPad and handheld mounts and have no complaints about them …

Rob_8bf105

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Gardner
I started using QuadLock mounts for my bicycle last year. After finding out how secure the mount is, I have added their mounts to all of my rigs, and have upgraded to the new MagCase. Combined with the Lido IC7100 mount for my armature radio, this is by far the best setup I have yet to come a crossed.
Same. I have quadlock on my harley, sbout to have it in my power wagon on a bulletpoint mount. Also have a ram style setup with a quadlock end in my tractor trailer. Everything. Love them.

Reactions: M Rose