Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I picked up eleven (11) Pelican 1510 cases with no foam and am passing them along at considerable savings over new price. A LOT of interest and PM's and tentative commitments, but little follow-through with payments.

As of 11:30 Sun Aug 06, all cases have been spoken for, with deposits made for personal delivery or full payments for shipping.

PELICAN 1510 CASE DETAILS:

All cases have extendable handles and roller wheels. I've used one of the same models for camera gear for twelve years through all sorts of weather and conditions; in and out of airports and planes, stashed in the back of trucks for camping, exposed to weather while on-location, etc and can vouch for their extreme strength, weather resistance, and durability.

These eleven units were used by a medical/narcotics testing facility as field kits. They're moving to different size or another product so liquidated these. Insides are all pristine. Outsides are excellent, with typical wear marks for field units. All latches, roller wheels, front handles, and extendable handles are in excellent working order. All have stainless steel clips at lock locations. Some have remnants of shipping labels on the outside. Can't promise I'll have time to remove any label remnants. Best ones go first.

Images were taken 07/31. The commercial images show current price for new 1510's with no foam, at two different places.

yIMG_9728.JPG

yIMG_9730.JPG

yIMG_9725.JPG

yIMG_9724.JPG

yIMG_9722.JPG

pelican1510-dims.jpg

Pelican1510-15826-900.jpg

Pelican1510-14495-900.jpg

A variety of accessories are available for the 1510's, like laptop sleeves, lid organizers, divider inserts, etc. I like to use the lid organizer shown below with mine (not included with any for sale):

IMG_9732-lidorg.jpg

PRICING:
1 - $80 + shipping (or free delivery in person IF you're on my way west from Maine, route below)
2 - $77.50 ea + shipping, or free delivery as stated above
3 - $75.00 ea + shipping, or free delivery as stated above
4 - $72.50 ea + shipping, or free delivery as stated above

SHIPPING:
- Ships from Portland, Maine. Shipping to SW Ohio, for example, at 12lbs, FedEx Ground, is about $20ea. About $23.00 to CA. More if you want signature req'd. UPS and USPS are more expensive, though I'll ship any way you want, as you're paying for it.
- Shipped plain with zip ties through lock holes and shipping label attached to exterior. Bill of sale and copy of shipping label inside; otherwise empty except for fresh air from the coast of Maine.
- Cases are approx 12lbs ea according to USPS, approx 22x14x9.
- Payment in full by 8p and item ships next morning by 10a.

LOCAL PICKUP available in Portland Maine before I hit the road again (by end of Aug, hopefully, possibly sooner). Please check first.

PERSONAL DELIVERY available with prepaid 50% deposit, balance upon delivery, IF you live near anywhere I'll be traveling in the next month or so. From coast of Maine to SW Ohio, WI, OK, to West Texas and back.

Here's my tentative route (https://goo.gl/maps/ALvDZftLPLG2):

0-AugRoute.jpg

This post will be updated as cases are paid for or deposits are placed.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Not a bad deal. I'd bite, but I have so many cases already.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Damn, if you happen to still have these in a couple weeks I'll grab 4 of 'em.
Alrighty, @ASNOBODY, let's keep in touch. I may be coming through close enough to Detroit to make a wee detour, or meet you somewhere near Toledo. If they are all sold by then, I'll certainly change my post here. I just couldn't pass 'em up, knowing how much I like them and how many others use them, too. These aren't huge cases, now, but are plenty roomy for electronices, camera gear, small foodstuffs, all sorts of things.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Alrighty, @ASNOBODY, let's keep in touch. I may be coming through close enough to Detroit to make a wee detour, or meet you somewhere near Toledo. If they are all sold by then, I'll certainly change my post here. I just couldn't pass 'em up, knowing how much I like them and how many others use them, too. These aren't huge cases, now, but are plenty roomy for electronices, camera gear, small foodstuffs, all sorts of things.
Cool! That sounds good. If I can grab them before that I will but am happy to meet up if not and you still have some. I actually have 4 this size already but need 4 more :)

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Cool! That sounds good. If I can grab them before that I will but am happy to meet up if not and you still have some. I actually have 4 this size already but need 4 more :)
Cool - you know how well the 1510's work, then, for a wide variety of uses and locations. Let me know when you're ready, and you can place a deposit to hold them to avoid the shipping cost if you like, and I'll drop them off in person somewhere near you. I've paid in full for a couple items from here and ExPo that are being held for me for personal pickup.

To give folks an idea of shipping cost, I priced shipping one FedEx Ground from here to SW Ohio at 15lbs, and it was around $20. Though the Amazon site gives weight as both 11lbs and 15lbs, I haven't actually weighed one yet. Can also ship via UPS or USPS. Personal delivery possible if you're close to my route of upcoming travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Am I right to assume you wouldn't post to England?
If there are any left after those who have already asked for one or more get theirs, I'll be happy to figure a shipping price, though I have no idea how customs and overseas shipping might work. I can find out, though, when I take one to get weighed by United Parcel Service later this morning. A lot of interest overnight, and I have a few messages to wade through, then will see who is willing to send deposits and payments.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Am I right to assume you wouldn't post to England?
If there are any left after those who have already asked for one or more get theirs, I'll be happy to figure a shipping price, though I have no idea how customs and overseas shipping might work. I can find out, though, when I take one to get weighed by United Parcel Service later this morning. A lot of interest overnight, and I have a few messages to wade through, then will see who is willing to send deposits and payments.

I'll see what I can find out for you.
@Defender 90 Keith - US Postal Service says shipping to England would start at $91.00 USD each. Plus customs declarations, possible other export papers, etc. Not sure how they do it on eBay, but it's done all the time. If you're serious about having one or more and don't mind the additional cost, and any are left after 8p EST this evening, you're high on the list for next available cases. If you have another, less-expensive way to ship, let me know and I'll do what I can on this end to help.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

ALL PELICAN 1510 CASES ARE SPOKEN FOR and paid for as of 11:30 08/06.

Thank you to all who expressed interest. I have kept your info and will give you first crack should more become available.

Last edited: