Parts of the MABDR | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
  • Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

RJ Howell

Rank IV

Member III

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

As we turned the corner and headed back north, homeward, we used the MABDR as the route guide. I knew there would be sections I would pass on, as we are traveling solo, yet so much of it was very doable. This is only the 1st portion I've posted and it starts about 4 minted in. I found the most to be pavement and sections I routed around I found to be very interesting as well.

This is a run you should add to your list!

[tube]

nuclear_runner

Rank III
Adventure

Member III

Arlington, VA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Duvall
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK4DZZ
I've been wanting to try this, but seems like mostly established campgrounds on this route? Any thoughts?

RJ Howell

Rank IV

Member III

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Established, as in NF's... Yes. There is dispersed if you look a bit. I love the National Forest CG's, clean , quiet and sometimes flush toilets! I do go for ones a little more off the beaten path though.

Safe Travels!

RJ Howell

Rank IV

Member III

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Continuing north through the Mid-Atlantic! We jumped on and off the MABDR depending on what we saw of road/trail condition. I picked up a 'click' in the steering which turned out to be the steering shaft (easy replacement) so I was being extra cautious.

We found what I call a small Canyon on this portion and ended up driving yet another very curvy road. This one is actually named the Curvy Road. It lives up to it's name!

[tube]