*** *** ***Part needed in Baja!!!*** *** ***

• HTML tutorial

TravelingTuttles

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Baja, Mexico
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders! We are currently limping our way back up the Baja peninsula in desperate need of a clutch master cylinder for our Pinzgauer. We know WHERE and HOW to get one, but it's mighty expensive to ship it to Mexico. We figured before we fork out the cash for international shipping, we would ask if anyone from California (or anywhere else in the states for that matter!) is heading down into Baja in the next few days that we could have a part overnighted to you and ferried down with you!

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated!

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders! We are currently limping our way back up the Baja peninsula in desperate need of a clutch master cylinder for our Pinzgauer. We know WHERE and HOW to get one, but it's mighty expensive to ship it to Mexico. We figured before we fork out the cash for international shipping, we would ask if anyone from California (or anywhere else in the states for that matter!) is heading down into Baja in the next few days that we could have a part overnighted to you and ferried down with you!

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated!
Maybe. I'm reaching out. Where are you?

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

TravelingTuttles

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Baja, Mexico
Member #

Maybe. I'm reaching out. Where are you?

We are currently in La Paz and probably going to continue pushing back north. We know we can keep limping back up…when the clutch master cylinder starts going, it can sometimes take up to a year (so we've been told) to fully go out, but it went from showing itself as a problem this morning to degrading really quickly this afternoon, so we are worried we will strand ourselves with optimism…

I see you're in Alameda. The part we need is from a supplier in Vallejo.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

There is a four wheel drive convention going on in Needles CA. Blue Ribbon Coalition. I've reached out to a friend there. Thought maybe he could announce at banquet tonight and see if someone is headed South

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

I haven't heard back. I tried

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
EDIT: I just saw this was posted FEB 21st. Guessing you got the part by now?

I will ask my San Diego off road buddies, folks go back and forth all the time. It might even be cheaper to Ship UPS once in Mexico? Requiring someone to just cross the border and then ship it to you.

TravelingTuttles

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Baja, Mexico
Member #

EDIT: I just saw this was posted FEB 21st. Guessing you got the part by now?

I will ask my San Diego off road buddies, folks go back and forth all the time. It might even be cheaper to Ship UPS once in Mexico? Requiring someone to just cross the border and then ship it to you.
Really appreciate you reaching out, but yes, you assumed correctly and we successfully got our part and are now in Ensenada and our clutch is operating quite happily!

We had someone bring it over from San Diego and use Baja Pack (which uses the bus system) to send it down to us. Highly recommend it if you ever know of someone in a jam. It was very quick and cheap.