Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

my 2003 xterra is bone stock except for 32" tires and a 1.5" pml. no sliders, skid plates or offroad bumpers at this time. are there any areas of this route i should be concerned about?

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Hey guys we're getting excited about this trip. Just wondering if there's anything outside of standard equipment that we need to bring. We'll probably get down there pretty late on Friday but we'll be ready to roll whenever Saturday morning. Can't wait to meet y'all looks like the weather is going to be nice!

GB Fraggle

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Just camping gear, food, water and your rig. Here is what I posted in our FB group:

We are a week out for our 1st Annual PSO Spring Fling! Here are a few housekeeping items for the trip:

1) Comms. For safety we need to be able to communicate between vehicles. We will be communicating on frs/gmrs Ch16/462.5750 and CB 4. You will need one of these forms of comms. I just use a cheap handheld frs walkie from walmart. I have extras if needed.

2) Recovery Points. On the rare ( we won't be on any tough trails) chance you get stuck and need a tug, you will need two rated recovery points on your vehicle (one front, one rear); a tow hitch ball is not a rated recover point.

3) Friday Night. For those joining Friday night, we have Sites 1-4 at Leroys Ferry Recreation Area. Myself and other members have paid to reserve these sites. For me, it is not necessary to reimburse; but I won't refuse money if you offer.

4) Saturday Morning. For those not joining us Friday evening, We plan to step off about 9am Saturday morning from Leroys Ferry.

5) If you like to fish there will be good opportunities at camp Friday and Saturday.

6) Please let me know if I have forgotten anything or there are any questions.

See you on the trail!!

Last edited:

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Hey there again,

Unfortunately dur to the weather a project at work got pushed and I'll be in Kentucky through late Friday. Not going to be able to make it down there this weekend. Sorry for the late notice but was hoping we would be wrapping it up this morning and mother nature had other plans.
Hope you guys have a great weekend of it! Hope to meet you guys some other time.

Reactions: GB Fraggle