Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

This popped up in the sign up thread, and I thought it should probably just get moved to a more dedicated thread.

I know there are at least a few of us heading down from Washington/

@ce4460 I'm responding to you here, since I didn't want to reply 4 pages later :flushed: in the other one, here it is.

I was thinking about taking the scenic route at least one direction (down or back) may both?

If we time it right, I don't see why we couldn't pick people up from Oregon on the way!

I'm not sure about the best route(s), but I'm sure we can put our heads together and figure it out.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

If we go the the OTG Rally, we will be heading down from Seattle. We'll be arriving in Seattle on 9/18 (my 63rd birthday) and drop our daughter off at Seattle Pacific University on the 19th. We'll probably meander south, though, and stay in motels between. At this point, I'm still seriously considering renting an RVAmerica camper in Clovis, outside of Fresno for the weekend. If so, we might arrive at the campground sometime Thursday afternoon rather than Friday, 9/23 (Deb's 61st birthday!)

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I don't have any issues getting there a day early as I have family down that way and was planning on visiting them on at least one side of the weekend.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I thought it'd be nice to take it easy going down. I don't have anything specific in mind. On the way back I planned to stop and see my sister for a night then come up 101 - taking however many days it takes. Other than seeing my sister, I'll be by myself and flexible.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I agree, I think planning the convoy to be one way would probably be the best use of time.

It would be great if, as we moved down the convoy picking people up, we could use that local knowledge to find cool camp sites.

It would make the trip a little longer, but I think it would lend itself to an epic trip!

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Longer is better I think, in terms of the enjoyment quotient.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
What were you thinking. A couple days going down? 2 days 1 night, or 3 days 2 nights. With that info I can brainstorm some places to stop. My preference, I think, is to leave on the 20th or 21st, meet up at the Olympia area Park n Ride on Martin Way, Lacey. Which day is best to plan on leaving. Vote? Once we have the departure date, I can propose a couple places to stop going down. Then we can sort it out from there. Sound good?

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. 2 nights would probably be good. I think 3 probably be too much depending on the route, and 1 would be pretty much just driving down I5 with my rig :tearsofjoy: